Bilic talks at lawyer stage
Reece Oxford at £2m looks a good deal to me. A young british player who looked very promising a few years back but has since lost his way. If Bilic believes he can get the best out of him then at £2m there is nothing to lose given his age and potential resale value.

Was it Bilic who gave him hid debut?
(06-12-2019, 08:28 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: I was pleased when his name emerged.. then I remembered how his breakdown at West Ham unfolded. I hope he does well and I'll get behind him. 

Hopefully.this is the fresh start everyone involved needs.

But that was very much played out in public because of his integrity and honesty. 

It will be good to see someone with a bit of stature standing in our dug-out and if he's backed he can hopefully build a good team.  I would imagine the players would be enthused about working with him. 

Let's face it,  he's one of the most popular and well-loved managers in the game so all the best to him - if it is him!
(06-12-2019, 11:18 AM)Peachy Wrote: Reece Oxford at £2m looks a good deal to me. A young british player who looked very promising a few years back but has since lost his way. If Bilic believes he can get the best out of him then at £2m there is nothing to lose given his age and potential resale value.

It was indeed - WHU’s youngest ever debutant at the time.

Dawson out for £10m, Oxford in for £2m is the kind of model we need to be working to.

A fresh start, back in the UK and at a lower level may well be what he needs.
(06-12-2019, 11:18 AM)Peachy Wrote: Reece Oxford at £2m looks a good deal to me. A young british player who looked very promising a few years back but has since lost his way. If Bilic believes he can get the best out of him then at £2m there is nothing to lose given his age and potential resale value.

IF it's Bilic and IF we can sign Oxford then maybe Bilic can turn him back into a 30m player he was 4 years ago.  It's about time we had some good fortune in this respect.  

However, sounds like he's had a disastrous season in the BUndesliga!
(06-12-2019, 11:25 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

IF it's Bilic and IF we can sign Oxford then maybe Bilic can turn him back into a 30m player he was 4 years ago.  It's about time we had some good fortune in this respect.  

I'm not sure he had a "disastrous" season.  His pass completion rate was 81.2 per cent, compared to Adarabioyo's 75.6 per cent (in a worse league).  Also, surely Augsburg wouldn't be trying to sign him permanently if he was that bad?!
(06-12-2019, 11:33 AM)WWHO Wrote:

I'm not sure he had a "disastrous" season.  His pass completion rate was 81.2 per cent, compared to Adarabioyo's 75.6 per cent (in a worse league).  Also, surely Augsburg wouldn't be trying to sign him permanently if he was that bad?!

Red card - pass completion stat, thats not the first stat I would look at as a defender, otherwise I would have played Johnathon Greening as a centre half.
(06-12-2019, 12:04 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Red card - pass completion stat, thats not the first stat I would look at as a defender, otherwise I would have played Johnathon Greening as a centre half.

Quite, but he was being heavily criticised for his passing ...
Don't want to Corporal Jones people, but Matt Carbon and Oliver Paine want a word.
(06-12-2019, 07:23 AM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 05:07 AM)Poppy’s dad Wrote:
Andy Carroll anyone ?

Someone on Sports Babble suggested this, could be their version of Ziz mind.   Rolleyes

[Image: avatar_1563.png?dateline=1560181295]

Phil Penn [Image: buddy_offline.png] 
[Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png][Image: star.png]

Billic is rumored to be struggling with the budget restrictions and his early reported targets all West Ham - Byram (as RB) looks OK Broune (Mid) looks OK / but the mention of Andy Carroll doesn't inspire me at all. If he came we best get the Hydropool ready.

Cant see what's wrong with that chaps opinion not everyone who posts stuff is a potential Ziz(whoever the fugg he is) don't get the obsession with Ziz by some on here or am I missing something??

I read he played 8 games which they lost,  conceding 25 goals in those matches though I guess you have to put it into context that they had a poor season.  Maybe disastrous is too strong a word - but football sounds better with a bit of hyberbole thrown in!   We shouldn't get too carried away, he's only played 38 games in his career, albeit he is only 20Wink