Brexit Party
Is this some kind of caricature she's performing, or is the woman a genuine bona fide simpleton?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_wkO4hk07o

Blessed are the cheesemakers
The dark arts of the Brexit Party perhaps?

19yr old ‘journalist’

A young ‘journalist’ who has worked on social media for the Brexit party and possibly the Leave means Leave group, who happens to be the ‘protege’ of Oakeshott who happens to be in a relationship with Richard Tice who is chairman of the Brexit Party and founder of Leave means Leave. 

Meanwhile the stupid, bigoted, willing to turn a blind eye faithful waving their little union jacks are happy to support such people. Something stinks about our country at the moment.
(07-21-2019, 07:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The dark arts of the Brexit Party perhaps?

19yr old ‘journalist’

A young ‘journalist’ who has worked on social media for the Brexit party and possibly the Leave means Leave group, who happens to be the ‘protege’ of Oakeshott who happens to be in a relationship with Richard Tice who is chairman of the Brexit Party and founder of Leave means Leave. 

Meanwhile the stupid, bigoted, willing to turn a blind eye faithful waving their little union jacks are happy to support such people. Something stinks about our country at the moment.

As he wraps himself in his EU flag, sings ode to joy, tells himself that expanding the borders of his racism and xenophobia to 27 countries means it's ok to tell those nasty Johnny Foreigner Indians, Chinese etc to bog off and stand in a different queue and have prejudicial immigration rules.

Definition of bigot : obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards those with a different opinion

1st prize the ageist moron DH who thinks you can't be ageist because we will all be old 
to suggest that being against leaving the EU (because it's stupid) means you're racist against Indian and Chinese people is the biggest reach I've ever seen. An unworthy comment.
(07-22-2019, 06:11 AM)strawman Wrote:
(07-21-2019, 07:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The dark arts of the Brexit Party perhaps?

19yr old ‘journalist’

As he wraps himself in his EU flag, sings ode to joy, tells himself that expanding the borders of his racism and xenophobia to 27 countries means it's ok to tell those nasty Johnny Foreigner Indians, Chinese etc to bog off and stand in a different queue and have prejudicial immigration rules.

Definition of bigot : obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards those with a different opinion

1st prize the ageist moron DH who thinks you can't be ageist because we will all be old 

Get over yourself Strawman and don’t get personal. You completely ignored the point made about the murky situation with the leaked diplomats correspondence. When I hear or read significant numbers of Brexit party (or is it a company?) voter / members question the situation then I might say my remark was wrong. Those are the people I referred to, there are many who voted leave that would be uncomfortable and question the possible motives of said party.

The point about Indians and Chinese is a load of old cobblers. You think there’s going to be a open door policy to the whole world when we leave? Or will it simply come down to their earning potential? The last figure I read was £30k minimum to move here.

You always try and make out you’re above party politics and playing the man but you aren’t really are you? If you think the Brexit Party is a force for good argue your point.
Strawman, I don't really think that dividing passengers into separate channels at points of entry is indicative of prejudice; I doubt if UK ports and airports will operate on a single queuing system post Brexit, particularly as we never showed any enthusiasm for inclusion in Schengen.

Not everything is highly politicised: some things are just organisational and administrative; nothing more sinister to it than that.
(07-22-2019, 06:11 AM)strawman Wrote: Definition of bigot : obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, and intolerant towards those with a different opinion

I'd read this back if I were you. In particular the bit from the word "intolerant" until the end.
(07-22-2019, 07:44 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

19yr old ‘journalist’

Get over yourself Strawman and don’t get personal.

Fucking hell – you are always being personal with people and have suggested that people are talking bollox because of their age, and now you are getting precious about being personal. Don't hand it out if you can't take it.

You completely ignored the point made about the murky situation with the leaked diplomats correspondence. When I hear or read significant numbers of Brexit party (or is it a company?) voter / members question the situation then I might say my remark was wrong. Those are the people I referred to, there are many who voted leave that would be uncomfortable and question the possible motives of said party.

The guy specifically said that it was nothing to do with the Brexit party, it was just him. Do I believe him – nah but regardless I don't have too much problem with it being leaked, What I will say is that we weren't dealing with the precious thin skinned little baby Trump then it really wouldn't have been much of a problem.

The point about Indians and Chinese is a load of old cobblers. You think there’s going to be a open door policy to the whole world when we leave? Or will it simply come down to their earning potential? The last figure I read was £30k minimum to move here.

I don't expect there to be an open door. What I expect there to be is controlled immigration based, not on which countries passport you hold, but on merit regardless of race, country of origin, religion gender or anything else. I see no good reason why a German doctor should get preferential treatment over. as an example, an Indian or Chinese doctor. The 30k figure you are talking about is for a tier 2 (skilled) visa, there are already other visa tiers which allow less skilled people to come into the country temporarily to fill  jobs. It is argued that the 30k should be reduced for tier 2 and it should be, probably to about 22/23k to allow for skilled but lower paid jobs such as nurses. The cost of visas for the UK is currently prohibitive and as EU workers don't need one it is just reinforces the discrimination against the majority of the worlds countries / people.

You always try and make out you’re above party politics and playing the man but you aren’t really are you? If you think the Brexit Party is a force for good argue your point.

Opinion on the EU is outwith party politics, there are leavers and remainers from all political points of view. The Brexit party are useful idiots who are being used to pressurise the main parties, same as UKIP who pretty well disappeared once the referendum was called. The Brexit party will go the same way if/once we leave.  

The EU (institution) is the epitome of white middle class never been a commissioner of colour and in the words of one of the MEP's "If you want to see diversity in the European institutions, look at the faces of the cleaners leaving the building early in the morning and contrast that with the white MEPs and officials entering,”

I
n your words - I'll just leave this here

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/j...sity-drive

(07-22-2019, 06:39 PM)strawman Wrote:
(07-22-2019, 07:44 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

19yr old ‘journalist’

Get over yourself Strawman and don’t get personal.

Fucking hell – you are always being personal with people and have suggested that people are talking bollox because of their age, and now you are getting precious about being personal. Don't hand it out if you can't take it.

You completely ignored the point made about the murky situation with the leaked diplomats correspondence. When I hear or read significant numbers of Brexit party (or is it a company?) voter / members question the situation then I might say my remark was wrong. Those are the people I referred to, there are many who voted leave that would be uncomfortable and question the possible motives of said party.

The guy specifically said that it was nothing to do with the Brexit party, it was just him. Do I believe him – nah but regardless I don't have too much problem with it being leaked, What I will say is that we weren't dealing with the precious thin skinned little baby Trump then it really wouldn't have been much of a problem.

I don't expect there to be an open door. What I expect there to be is controlled immigration based, not on which countries passport you hold, but on merit regardless of race, country of origin, religion gender or anything else. I see no good reason why a German doctor should get preferential treatment over. as an example, an Indian or Chinese doctor. The 30k figure you are talking about is for a tier 2 (skilled) visa, there are already other visa tiers which allow less skilled people to come into the country temporarily to fill  jobs. It is argued that the 30k should be reduced for tier 2 and it should be, probably to about 22/23k to allow for skilled but lower paid jobs such as nurses. The cost of visas for the UK is currently prohibitive and as EU workers don't need one it is just reinforces the discrimination against the majority of the worlds countries / people.

Opinion on the EU is outwith party politics, there are leavers and remainers from all political points of view. The Brexit party are useful idiots who are being used to pressurise the main parties, same as UKIP who pretty well disappeared once the referendum was called. The Brexit party will go the same way if/once we leave.  

The EU (institution) is the epitome of white middle class never been a commissioner of colour and in the words of one of the MEP's "If you want to see diversity in the European institutions, look at the faces of the cleaners leaving the building early in the morning and contrast that with the white MEPs and officials entering,”

I
n your words - I'll just leave this here

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/j...sity-drive

I can take it Strawman, I get personal abuse on here quite a lot, I must be doing something right. 

Sorry for not voting to see our countries economy, standing and influence damaged. If you think that it’s going to be good for the UK great. It’s been asked before but what are the benefits of leaving the E.U.?  The Brexit Party are driving the agenda for a hard Brexit they are not ‘useful idiots’ they are are harmful idiots with many dubious supporters. 

I have never said the E.U. is perfect or even been overly enthusiastic towards it but I haven’t heard or read one credible reason for leaving that will benefit the country to any significant degree. Those that have led the way have shown themselves to be hypocrites, liars or have vested interest.
Derek I've asked everywhere for one bit of tangible evidence that we are better out of Europe. I've asked everywhere, I've asked my local MP, not had an answer yet.