US Capitol Building
I don't care what they are but the similarities with not accepting a democratic vote is the same.. Those FBPE tossers are the same...... Have a good day and respect a democratic vote whoever wins and the world will be a better place.
Don't compare this shitshow with Brexit Liq. Brexit result was a shock but never questioned in the mathematical sense, Trump fuels the fire by telling people there is fraud and that he actually won but everyone else s lying.
(01-07-2021, 08:14 AM)The liquidator Wrote: You should you ugly duckling.

The rhectric was the same doing mass protests just these lunatics took it a step further.

Big Grin

The comparisons are way off though chap.  Protesting that vote leave lied, which is true, is one thing.  Leave campaigned for years despite the vote in the 70s.  

This is trying to, by force and with guns, to overthrow a government.  If it was the military and not the “proud boys” and other loons it would be referred to as a military coup.

The legacy of Trump’s reign will last several years as he’s managed to polarise a country that was already split like no other in the world.
滚开赖
Liq thinks we should all respect the initial democratic vote of the Athenians of 500BC. Once a vote has been cast we should just all accept it and not complain or offer any kind of alternative again. I, for one, accept the ghost of Cleisthenes as our supreme overlord.
(01-07-2021, 08:31 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't care what they are but the similarities with not accepting a democratic vote is the same.. Those FBPE tossers are the same...... Have a good day and respect a democratic vote whoever wins and the world will be a better place.

FBPE/arch-Remainers are as much to blame for our current situation r.e. Brexit as anyone, but they certainly never stormed Parliament armed and with the intention of taking Mark Francois hostage.
(01-06-2021, 10:11 PM)spyro 123 Wrote: both trump and biden are controlled by the rothchilds anyway

(01-07-2021, 07:42 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:56 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:40 PM)Duffers Wrote: A woman is dead because of all this bullshit.

You can't go into the most famous house in the world and not face concequences.... Terrible news all of them that have gone in there will face jail.

Starting with Trump for inciting all this.

Exactly

This is what you get when you don't respect a democratic vote...... Some of the remainers are so hypocritical.... Ranting on about these lunatics when they have been doing the same rhectric for 4 and a half years and now they are doing a rejoin movement........let the US burn bunch of lunatics.

How do you get to these conclusions? How many years have Eurosceptics campaigned to leave Europe? 40yrs? Farage stated the campaign would have continued if the vote went against those wanting to leave. Wanting to rejoin is a legitimate political position to take. It may be a long or even forlorn campaign but that’s what it is. 

What we see in the US currently is armed militia whipped up by the President’s own words based on lies, and in his own words fake news storming a government building with four shot dead. There were many thousands of people who peacefully protested to stay in the EU. I may be wrong but the only person I can recall killed here was MP Jo Cox for having a pro-EU opinion by a right wing fanatic. 

You seem to want to deflect from directly criticising the indefensible. Or at best playing it down... ‘a step too far’
(01-07-2021, 08:41 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:31 AM)The liquidator Wrote: I don't care what they are but the similarities with not accepting a democratic vote is the same.. Those FBPE tossers are the same...... Have a good day and respect a democratic vote whoever wins and the world will be a better place.

FBPE/arch-Remainers are as much to blame for our current situation r.e. Brexit as anyone, but they certainly never stormed Parliament armed and with the intention of taking Mark Francois hostage.

Surprised by your stance on this one Ted. How are FBPE types as much to blame as the government that have actually delivered the steaming turd? This is similar to the "we should all get behind Brexit" rhetoric as if the average remainer would've been able to affect negotiations and subsequent legislation is they'd just been optimistic enough.
(01-07-2021, 08:46 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 08:41 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:

Surprised by your stance on this one Ted. How are FBPE types as much to blame as the government that have actually delivered the steaming turd? This is similar to the "we should all get behind Brexit" rhetoric as if the average remainer would've been able to affect negotiations and subsequent legislation is they'd just been optimistic enough.

Without wanting to turn it into  Brexit thread I feel the 'extremists' on both sides forged the division. There was the appetite amongst Labour votes (see 2017 election results) for a soft, managed (whatever you want to call it) Brexit that the vast majority of the country would have accepted. Even Theresa May's deal was better than what we have now.

I'd never say they were more culpable, but in a way Liq is correct. Their reluctance to accept any form of Brexit led many down the path of "Brexit at any cost"... the second Corbyn went with a Peoples Vote, look what happened. I can't remember the name but someone working in comms for the Peoples Vote campaign has come out in recent weeks saying there wasn't a great appetite for it, their lives would largely be the same Brexit or not, it was just a way of undermining an opposition that challenged a lot of their upper-middle class ideals. Still, just my onions and we're in the situation we're in. However weird the FBPE mob are, they certainly never stormed Parliament and Liq's original comparison is barmy.

Back on topic... America, eh? Bloody hell.
(01-07-2021, 07:42 AM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:56 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:52 PM)The liquidator Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:40 PM)Duffers Wrote: A woman is dead because of all this bullshit.

You can't go into the most famous house in the world and not face concequences.... Terrible news all of them that have gone in there will face jail.

Starting with Trump for inciting all this.

Exactly

This is what you get when you don't respect a democratic vote...... Some of the remainers are so hypocritical.... Ranting on about these lunatics when they have been doing the same rhectric for 4 and a half years and now they are doing a rejoin movement........let the US burn bunch of lunatics.

I'll keep my reply simple for you Liq.
I am a remainer as I believe the future happiness and prosperity of this country is best served by staying in the EU.
However, the majority of the people voted otherwise. I respect that decision. I do not think the vote was fixed but I do believe we were lied to by Boris (perhaps he just cant help ut) and his cronies.
Would I peacefully protest to show my opposition? Possibly.
Would I storm parliament because I didn't get my way? No.
Also, please don't compare a few misinformed, red-neck, gun-toting racists throwing their toys out of the pram to a movement born of centuries of prejudice and injustice. There is no comparison.
As a remainer i find it objectionable to compare us to what occurred in Washington yesterday.

Yes many remainers found it hard to accept the result, but accept it they have, we have now left the EU. There has been no attempt to use violence to stop us leaving the EU.

And in the period between the referendum and us leaving, there were added complications that hindered the process of leaving.

1 - A general election in 2017 which led to Parliament being more fragmented, particulalrly over Brexit than it was before.
2 - Am internal Conservative Party power struggle which used Brexit as a determining factor in who would win that struggle. Remember it was Conservative Brexiteers who helped defeat May's withdraal agreement and thus lengthened the process.

Since the more decisive GE result of 2019 there has been no ore dissent over this issue, because the remain side has accepted the democratic process - even if we don't and continue not to like the outcome.