Time to get comfy in the armchairs
Now here is a real fan.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-...y-20951518
(11-25-2019, 11:01 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:55 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 10:44 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:26 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 09:21 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I’m not bothered either way as I said (apologies I amended post earlier) I just don’t think that when we can’t sell out that people should complain about the size of the stadium.

No problem chap. Thing is we never will sell out when people have little choice of where to sit, and not much chance of getting by their friends. As i said, I could have had another 3 with me bar the lack of choice. 
We will always get bigger crowds when we're doing better, but can't always base the future on worse case scenario.

I understand that parents will obviously want to sit by their children, but I don't get the friends needing to sit together. Our group (STH's and odd casual attenders), are scattered all over the stand. We meet for a pint before and after the game and at half time but don't feel it necessary to be side by side. People accept they can't always sit together on buses, trains and even planes. My Grandad always used to say, You are never on your own at a football match.
Yes, I actually like going to different parts of the ground and I'm not over bothered as I'm caught up in the match. On Saturday, the guy behind me was making me laugh with his witty abuse of Murphy in the second half. Only on a few occasions have i been surrounded by utter twats. Issue I had though is three 12 year olds who wanted to sit together.

Wink Yeah, fortunately there is still a healthy stock of abuse for Murphy left over from last season

Considering his pea-hearted performances, I thought he didn't get too much stick.
(11-25-2019, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Now here is a real fan.

I can only assume him and his family/friends can all sit together in a row otherwise there's no way he'd still be going after all this time.
(11-25-2019, 01:36 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(11-25-2019, 01:17 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Now here is a real fan.

I can only assume him and his family/friends can all sit together in a row otherwise there's no way he'd still be going after all this time.
He wasn't 12 though, like my lad's 2 mates. Note he was 14 when he started going regularly.
(11-25-2019, 11:38 AM)4-hero Wrote: We must be the only ground in the country that doesn't sell out because people cannot sit together for hour and a half.

It's a factor. 

If only we had the best ticketing system around complete with an optional seat allocation programme that minimises the number of singles left at the end.

Obviously, if we did have the that option, our ticket office would definitely not choose to leave it switched off.
(11-24-2019, 06:49 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 05:50 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 05:13 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: It's a real pleasure to be at the games this season esp. after the Pulis years. Get yourselves down there..  there were still some empty seats near us in the Brummie (checks underarms) so there's room for you.

I always find it strange that some people believe that all of us have to go to all Albion games, when we all have our own priorities in life and sets of circumstances and I’ve 2 school kids and Christmas is coming up.
I’ve been to the last 3 home games, can’t go midweek generally due to work commitments and the vast majority can’t go away. 
It’s great we are on the box so much. I might be able to pencil in the Brentford game, but that’s the lot for this year in the flesh for yours truly.
I’m looking forward to sitting comfortably in my armchair rather than the wet seat in the East Stand of yesterday.
Incidentally, we have 35,000 or so members who go occasionally, so us predominant armchairs do outnumber season ticket holders 2 to 1.

Makes you feel proud eh.

People choose their priorities.  I have 2 kids of school age too, they both have season tickets.  Like I did when I was younger.

Don’t roll out the excuses for not going, just state that you made life choices that weren’t compatible with being an Albion regular.

This is the heart of it for me. I was a ST holder for a good 20 years between the ages of 8 and 28 (give or take), but the last ten years of my life have seen me move away from the Albion (literally). I’m in a place now where I have a young family in London, and frankly I don’t want to spend every other Saturday travelling up and down to Brum to watch them. No excuses from me, that’s just where I am right now in my life. I try to get to a few home games a season as the odd London away but that’s it.

I fully accept that it works both ways. I accept for example that I’m now way down the priority list when it comes to tickets for big matches and I’ll certainly never make any claims to be any sort of super fan.
This thread is going a little off kilter as always seems to happen, a question on why we need a bigger ground, when we can't sell out the one we have seems to degenerate into who is the better fan.
In my eyes there is no difference in a fan that always goes and one that rarely does, as has been said many times, circumstance drives, as indeed is my case, if I had not met a wonderful Cornish girl and did not decide to up sticks and settle here, I wouldn't have to spend stupid amount of time on the M5, but the cold facts are, these were my choices and the amount that I invest into the club is exactly the same as any st holder living 5 minutes walk from the shrine.
I always feel uncomfortable with comparisons to what sort of fans we are, I also fully understand with the amount of coverage of our games through tv and streaming, it is getting harder and harder for a lot of people to justify attending.
That all said I will never understand the clamour for a bigger ground.
(11-25-2019, 02:25 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 06:49 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 05:50 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 05:13 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: It's a real pleasure to be at the games this season esp. after the Pulis years. Get yourselves down there..  there were still some empty seats near us in the Brummie (checks underarms) so there's room for you.

I always find it strange that some people believe that all of us have to go to all Albion games, when we all have our own priorities in life and sets of circumstances and I’ve 2 school kids and Christmas is coming up.
I’ve been to the last 3 home games, can’t go midweek generally due to work commitments and the vast majority can’t go away. 
It’s great we are on the box so much. I might be able to pencil in the Brentford game, but that’s the lot for this year in the flesh for yours truly.
I’m looking forward to sitting comfortably in my armchair rather than the wet seat in the East Stand of yesterday.
Incidentally, we have 35,000 or so members who go occasionally, so us predominant armchairs do outnumber season ticket holders 2 to 1.

Makes you feel proud eh.

People choose their priorities.  I have 2 kids of school age too, they both have season tickets.  Like I did when I was younger.

Don’t roll out the excuses for not going, just state that you made life choices that weren’t compatible with being an Albion regular.

This is the heart of it for me. I was a ST holder for a good 20 years between the ages of 8 and 28 (give or take), but the last ten years of my life have seen me move away from the Albion (literally). I’m in a place now where I have a young family in London, and frankly I don’t want to spend every other Saturday travelling up and down to Brum to watch them. No excuses from me, that’s just where I am right now in my life. I try to get to a few home games a season as the odd London away but that’s it.

I fully accept that it works both ways. I accept for example that I’m now way down the priority list when it comes to tickets for big matches and I’ll certainly never make any claims to be any sort of super fan.

Fair dos.  I’m not the arbitrator for what level of support fans should or shouldn’t give.  I was a 40+ games a season fella until the kids came along, then I cut away games to 5-7 per season.  Now the kids are interested it’s between 12-15 away games.  Always kept the HST.

It’s the pride some people take in being an armchair that I don’t understand.  Had similar arguments on the old bored with Larry shirted Polish-Prossie banger FF.

Does he still post on here  Heart