Yet another XL bully attack
(02-11-2024, 10:26 PM)ElbowGrease1973 II Wrote:
(02-11-2024, 10:12 PM)Bristol Baggie Wrote: This time in Liverpool. 

No point ‘licensing’ these beasts - destruction order needed on all of them.

Just playing devil's advocate, but there will be hundreds of dog attacks every day. The XL Bully ones are highlighted due to the size of the dogs and the damage they can do. Although the dogs commit the attacks, the owners are culpable, as they can't control or train their pet, or simply don't want to. 

Not all XL Bully dogs are aggressive and attack, just those that aren't managed correctly.

That's the same logic as the lunatic Yanks who say 'Guns don't kill, people do'

(02-12-2024, 09:28 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 09:17 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Keep ALL dogs on leads and muzzled when out in public.  Job done.

Failure to comply, seize and rehouse or destroy the dog and fine the owner.

So says someone who clearly doesn’t own dogs. Utter nonsense.

Says someone who owns a dog and probably says 'my dog would never hurt anyone'.

Dangerous nonsense.
(02-11-2024, 10:35 PM)Jacko Wrote: Unfortunately some breeds aren't cut out to be family pets. It's not to say all XL bully's are dangerous, but some are and due to their power and size can kill and maim. That makes them an unacceptable risk imo.

Exactly. We may as well say tigers are OK because looked after responsibly they probably won't attack. I have a large-ish dog that has never shown any aggression to anything. We still keep her on a lead because other people don't know this and might feel threatened. Surely that is the price we pay for keeping animals?
Footnote. Re last weeks XL attack in Jaywick, just one look at the photo of the owner and you will see exactly why people should not be allowed these dogs.
(02-12-2024, 12:34 PM)Bristol Baggie Wrote:

Just playing devil's advocate, but there will be hundreds of dog attacks every day. The XL Bully ones are highlighted due to the size of the dogs and the damage they can do. Although the dogs commit the attacks, the owners are culpable, as they can't control or train their pet, or simply don't want to. 

Not all XL Bully dogs are aggressive and attack, just those that aren't managed correctly.

(02-12-2024, 09:28 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(02-12-2024, 09:17 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Keep ALL dogs on leads and muzzled when out in public.  Job done.

Failure to comply, seize and rehouse or destroy the dog and fine the owner.

So says someone who clearly doesn’t own dogs. Utter nonsense.

Says someone who owns a dog and probably says 'my dog would never hurt anyone'.

Dangerous nonsense.

How you can compare a tiny lapdog like a chihuahua or a Bichon Frise that 3 year olds run up to with a 10st killing machine is just bananas. 
Tiny dogs can’t harm anyone. 
Keep ALL men under curfew as some are murderers. 
Use some common sense based on the breed FFS!

The key with both dangerous dog breeds and the gun situation in the States is better regulation and control. Not sure the answer is to destroy all dogs because they're a certain breed. The idiots that keep the dogs as weapons will just move onto a different breed. I stand by my statement that not all XL Bully dogs are dangerous, so it's not fair to destroy them all.
A friend of mine was attacked and badly savaged by a dog in Oz recently that escaped from a neighbour's property.
1.5 hours of surgery on her face including internal stitches.
She is tiny and the dog in question - a Bloodhound.
If it had been one of these monsters I can only imagine the outcome!
(02-12-2024, 08:16 PM)ElbowGrease1973 II Wrote:

The key with both dangerous dog breeds and the gun situation in the States is better regulation and control. Not sure the answer is to destroy all dogs because they're a certain breed. The idiots that keep the dogs as weapons will just move onto a different breed. I stand by my statement that not all XL Bully dogs are dangerous, so it's not fair to destroy them all.

Agree with everything you say there , the idiots will move onto the next breed . The way i see it however my dog behaves is on me he is my responsibility.