Diangana
(09-12-2021, 03:24 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 03:08 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:55 PM)Hopalong Wrote: For whatever reason we've lost our va-va-voom these last two games. 

Injuries, Covid are possibly factors, far too early in the season for it to be fatigue surely even though the press hasn't been as pressing in the last two games - honeymoon period over!

We struggled against Peterborough a team that had 6 put past them yesterday by a team that was put together a week ago.
We were totally devoid of invention yesterday and had no alternative strategy at all especially in the 1st half.
Derby is a big game for the confidence of this group because there will be no excuses about an opposition lumping the ball to escape the press unless Rooney completely changes his style so far.
Lets hope they get it back because I am not alone in wanting to see that there is as much to get behind as some are telling us.
Impossible. Teams only have one way of playing, no Plan B required.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQjh9H-ymK4

My point was, he won't. May be slight tweaks, as we need to make. But he's not suddenly going to change from seeking to keep possession and build patiently to launching it over the pass ASAP every time.
(09-12-2021, 03:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:55 PM)Hopalong Wrote: For whatever reason we've lost our va-va-voom these last two games. 

Injuries, Covid are possibly factors, far too early in the season for it to be fatigue surely even though the press hasn't been as pressing in the last two games - honeymoon period over!

We struggled against Peterborough a team that had 6 put past them yesterday by a team that was put together a week ago.
We were totally devoid of invention yesterday and had no alternative strategy at all especially in the 1st half.
Derby is a big game for the confidence of this group because there will be no excuses about an opposition lumping the ball to escape the press unless Rooney completely changes his style so far.
Lets hope they get it back because I am not alone in wanting to see that there is as much to get behind as some are telling us.

My point was, he won't. May be slight tweaks, as we need to make. But he's not suddenly going to change from seeking to keep possession and build patiently to launching it over the pass ASAP every time.

No one goes from one extreme to the other, but it wasn’t working from the off (and didn’t) and we didn’t change the pattern, try something different, change the formation of anything.  Just the personnel and the same tactic. The amount of times we got caught second half outnumbered at the back was frightening and it just felt like a matter of time before they scored, fortunately they fluffed their lines time and again.  Worrying no change was made.

I won’t decry a long pass or a lump forward on occasion if it’s to catch the opposition out and turn them quickly etc but everyone mixes it up.  We’ve not been doing that.

It seems we have a tactic, not tactics.
滚开赖
(09-12-2021, 03:38 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 03:29 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

No one goes from one extreme to the other, but it wasn’t working from the off (and didn’t) and we didn’t change the pattern, try something different, change the formation of anything.  Just the personnel and the same tactic. The amount of times we got caught second half outnumbered at the back was frightening and it just felt like a matter of time before they scored, fortunately they fluffed their lines time and again.  Worrying no change was made.

I won’t decry a long pass or a lump forward on occasion if it’s to catch the opposition out and turn them quickly etc but everyone mixes it up.  We’ve not been doing that.

It seems we have a tactic, not tactics.

Correct. We have the lowest passing accuracy in the division. That tells you a lot about our tactic.
Is he another Burke?

No, doubt it.

He needs to find his feet again, on his day he's unplayable.