Man angrily shouting at cloud
(05-13-2021, 07:57 PM)Fido Wrote: With things like this the large majority of the population are tolerant or don’t give a shit. The moment someone start to label themselves as “special” is when decent folk start to take umbrage.

Laurence, regardless of how you feel about your sexuality, you’re a bloke until the point at which someone cuts your knackers off and cultivate a pair of tits on your chest. Fuggin little weasel.

Still a bloke. I'll be polite and refer to them by the name they wish, but as far as women's sports, refuges and prisons go, they can stay out of them.
The simple solution is the Partridge one.

Just add "and everything/everyone in between" to the end and hey presto, fully inclusive.
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls......he wasn't even speaking to him so why is he offended?
(05-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Fido Wrote: My missus doesn’t use Twitter or LinkedIn but has to monitor it for work purposes. We had some friends round the other night and they were talking about this growing trend of people signing off with

First Name/Second Name (He/Him; She/Her; They) or some shit like that. 

So if someone uses “They” then it signifies non-binary but if someone is male, say, and they sign off as he/him they are seen as an “ally”. Those who give bigger value to their online persona than their real-life one for what will essentially be professional purposes should be avoided at all costs. Shut the fuggers down.
Quite a few people have adopted that at my work, following an inclusivity week. Suffice to say I haven't followed suit but was really tempted to write geezer / dude, just to see the reaction.

I embrace (not physically Smile ) whatever anybody wants to be. Individuality should be encouraged, as it helps define us. Some people take it too far though. Like others on this thread I've always had non-PC banter with work colleagues, which goes both ways. It's what happens when you feel comfortable with one another. I do worry about what it's going to be like for my kids when they're my age. Having to watch what you say for fear of offending, and not being able to truly be yourself. Surely this will then create a contradiction of inclusivity?
(05-14-2021, 07:23 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls......he wasn't even speaking to him so why is he offended?

When I read these news stories I do wonder if one day I'll roll my eyes and they'll get stuck.

But, you must pity the complainant.

It / they must lead a very, very sad existence.
(05-14-2021, 07:39 AM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 08:32 PM)Fido Wrote: My missus doesn’t use Twitter or LinkedIn but has to monitor it for work purposes. We had some friends round the other night and they were talking about this growing trend of people signing off with

First Name/Second Name (He/Him; She/Her; They) or some shit like that. 

So if someone uses “They” then it signifies non-binary but if someone is male, say, and they sign off as he/him they are seen as an “ally”. Those who give bigger value to their online persona than their real-life one for what will essentially be professional purposes should be avoided at all costs. Shut the fuggers down.
Quite a few people have adopted that at my work, following an inclusivity week. Suffice to say I haven't followed suit but was really tempted to write geezer / dude, just to see the reaction.

I embrace (not physically Smile ) whatever anybody wants to be. Individuality should be encouraged, as it helps define us. Some people take it too far though. Like others on this thread I've always had non-PC banter with work colleagues, which goes both ways. It's what happens when you feel comfortable with one another. I do worry about what it's going to be like for my kids when they're my age. Having to watch what you say for fear of offending, and not being able to truly be yourself. Surely this will then create a contradiction of inclusivity?

There seem to be social trip-wires everywhere these days. Bear in mind how we might befriend someone. Being nice is not enough to form a bond because you can go around being nice to everyone, it doesn't mean that this will be reciprocated or you won't have any depth to the relationship. At some point you need to cross the "take-the-piss" border and make fun of someone. If it's meant well and it's funny (or both find it funny) and you have a link develop; if people are so shit scared to do this then how does this help society?