Wallace
Great player, great captain. Always does what it needs for the team but he ain’t ever a centre forward is he? Don’t get me wrong, he makes some good runs and we’ve got nobody else apart from youngsters but he don’t hold the ball. Like a hot potato with little flicks. We needed some hold up play tonight to get the pressure off for a bit and not constantly give it them back. 

Suppose can’t really take Fellows or Mikey out though either on current form.
We haven’t got an actual centre forward so unless you’ve a better idea?!
I would be tempted, until we get some reinforcements back. to go a back 3, and play a front 3 rather than 4 and keep one of the wide forwards in reserve to help us swing games in the second half.

On Sunday I would go;

Palmer
Ajayi Kipre Pieters
Furlong Okay Mowatt *Pipa/Reach
*any 3 of the 4

I would really narrow the front 3 up too so they can play off each other so it doesn't expose the lack of a natural CF.
(03-07-2024, 01:47 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: We haven’t got an actual centre forward so unless you’ve a better idea?!

See the bit where I say we haven’t got anybody else, that’s me acknowledging that bit. Just saying it wouldn’t harm to maybe put his foot on it and try and turn his marker.
(03-07-2024, 08:02 AM)Lightnin Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 01:47 AM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: We haven’t got an actual centre forward so unless you’ve a better idea?!

See the bit where I say we haven’t got anybody else, that’s me acknowledging that bit. Just saying it wouldn’t harm to maybe put his foot on it and try and turn his marker.
Agree, there were times, in the second half, last night where we had chance to get hold of the ball, but Jed's instinct is to give and go, with clever flicks, and it just wasn't the time as, when it doesn't come off, it gives the ball back to the opposition and they keep the impetus.
It really is amazing that we have got this far without a single player who can hold the ball up with their back to goal.