When you think of it he had to go
(03-09-2019, 09:00 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:35 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sack him Monday then, or tomorrow, not like this.

Even better, accept hiring a novice has risks and see if there is a better way. Sack him if we fail to get playoffs.

I just don’t get this. Why does it matter? It’s football it’s the norm. Employee first legend second. So you’d condone favourites in the workplace? 

We’re a business, 1 win in 9 at home and we’ve been shite and worse, predictable for a long time. 

Right decision just too late.

I'd say it about anyone. Even in business always be professional about it.
(03-09-2019, 08:56 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:35 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Sack him Monday then, or tomorrow, not like this.

Even better, accept hiring a novice has risks and see if there is a better way. Sack him if we fail to get playoffs.

It was always going to end badly because employing former legends in their first managerial job, when promotional was not just a hope but an imperative was a risk too far for all. I feel very awkward with how DM was treated but no more awkward as I was when it was confirmed he had been offered and accepted the job.

He was my choice because the other option was Dean Smith, who can't organise a defence, relies on having one good player (Grealish at Villa, Woods at Brentford) and had no plan B. So we'd be in the exact same position to be honest.

With respect Birdie that is guesswork regarding how DS would have performed. With regards to DM unless promotion was achieved with DM it was going to end in the sack and an uneasy one given his status as a player for us.
(03-09-2019, 09:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 09:00 PM)BurleyBaggie Wrote:

I just don’t get this. Why does it matter? It’s football it’s the norm. Employee first legend second. So you’d condone favourites in the workplace? 

We’re a business, 1 win in 9 at home and we’ve been shite and worse, predictable for a long time. 

Right decision just too late.

I'd say it about anyone. Even in business always be professional about it.

What’s unprofessional? Being dismissed in your place of work for poor performance in private. Which it would’ve been...
(03-09-2019, 09:02 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

It was always going to end badly because employing former legends in their first managerial job, when promotional was not just a hope but an imperative was a risk too far for all. I feel very awkward with how DM was treated but no more awkward as I was when it was confirmed he had been offered and accepted the job.

He was my choice because the other option was Dean Smith, who can't organise a defence, relies on having one good player (Grealish at Villa, Woods at Brentford) and had no plan B. So we'd be in the exact same position to be honest.

With respect Birdie that is guesswork regarding how DS would have performed. With regards to DM unless promotion was achieved with DM it was going to end in the sack and an uneasy one given his status as a player for us.

It's a good guess looking at Smiths previous career and how he has done at Villa so far, all things I said in the summer.
(03-09-2019, 09:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

It's a good guess looking at Smiths previous career and how he has done at Villa so far, all things I said in the summer.

So was everything that I said transpired with regards to DM and Jones. We will never know who was right perhaps we were all wrong and neither were going to work out.
(03-09-2019, 09:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 09:03 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It was always going to end badly because employing former legends in their first managerial job, when promotional was not just a hope but an imperative was a risk too far for all. I feel very awkward with how DM was treated but no more awkward as I was when it was confirmed he had been offered and accepted the job.

So was everything that I said transpired with regards to DM and Jones. We will never know who was right perhaps we were all wrong and neither were going to work out.

I'd think we'd be here, now with either to be honest. Smith wouldn't have had such good feeling from fans though. 

Next appointment is so crucial.
What im feeling more uncomfortable is the underlying tweets from the likes of ian wright saying what has he done wrong but have a feeling that because he is black he has been treated harshly , if not im sorry but i bet you it will be a major talking point .
It will come up.
(03-09-2019, 08:53 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:51 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 08:30 PM)moley63 Wrote: fantastic bloke a baggies legend ..BUT  we want promotion defence all over the place tactics all wrong ,only issue now is who have we got lined up

And sacking Big Dave gives us a better chance? We were heading to the play offs with him and we are going to head there without him.

So whoever is in the hot seat they will have a two legged semi final and a final at Wembley. A total fucking lottery.

I honestly don't see how changing the manager now helps us.

I got to say I think sacking him gives us a better chance. I think we'd have made the play offs with Moore, but a good apointment would give us a better chance of winning them. Yes, a good appintment is an if....

Totally agree with this lud. 

I've stated a couple of times I'd have had no faith they'd have engineered the wins in the semis and final to get us up after the tactical naivety we've seen all season.
(03-09-2019, 09:11 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: I wasn't certain what would happen with Smith or DM (and still not sure how it would have  ended) - only was sure how it would transpire with Pulis and sadly that came true. So long as we never see his likes again and we've at least learnt from that. Smith has disappointed at Villa and we may have dodged a bullet there.

I don’t know if the next appointment did exactly what the club wanted for two seasons which would be promotion and consolidation in the Prem, a TP like appointment would be welcome around the club. The trick would be to realise when to sack them.