FA Cup Draw tomorrow
(12-06-2021, 09:59 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Just back from Brighton (booster jab) and it’s gone dreary and wet…they might not raise that many fans for this, they think they are so superior nowadays, a far away comparison from when I used to go and see them at Gillingham with a mate. You know what it’s like, Prem and all of a sudden new plastic fans arrive

1-0 is all it takes; will Matt Clarke be cup tied?

Dont think Clarke will be eligible.
(12-06-2021, 07:35 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Hope we give them a game. Brighton are a very good side with an excellent manager. The high press would be useful for this one, they love to pass it from the back.

I guess it could be a good test of Val Ball if we do make it up and he's still with us.
(12-06-2021, 10:26 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 09:59 PM)SussexBaggie Wrote: Just back from Brighton (booster jab) and it’s gone dreary and wet…they might not raise that many fans for this, they think they are so superior nowadays, a far away comparison from when I used to go and see them at Gillingham with a mate. You know what it’s like, Prem and all of a sudden new plastic fans arrive

Doubt it will matter, I'd more than expect the same side that played against Arsenal to appear, more or less anyway.
(12-07-2021, 08:03 AM)MassDebater Wrote:

Doubt it will matter, I'd more than expect the same side that played against Arsenal to appear, more or less anyway.

Arsenal was a midweek game. Brighton is on a Saturday with a week gap to our next game. So would expect a stronger side.
Clarke and Molumby won't be able to play against their parent club.
(12-07-2021, 12:54 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Arsenal was a midweek game. Brighton is on a Saturday with a week gap to our next game. So would expect a stronger side.

Agree. Id like to see us put out a decent side + a few kids (Fellows, Cleary, TGH) starting and some on the bench. I dont want to see a whole side of kids again. Thats was a ridiculous decision imo.

I'd expect Brighton to put out a side with a load of changes too.
(12-07-2021, 01:02 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(12-07-2021, 12:54 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Agree. Id like to see us put out a decent side + a few kids (Fellows, Cleary, TGH) starting and some on the bench. I dont want to see a whole side of kids again. Thats was a ridiculous decision imo.

True. Although being a Premier League side their changes likely to be decent squad players as opposed to kids.
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
Peachy Wrote:
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
MassDebater Wrote:
MrFizz Wrote:Dont think Clarke will be eligible.

True. Although being a Premier League side their changes likely to be decent squad players as opposed to kids.

As I'll be buying a ticket, I want to see our strongest side possible!  As said above, Brighton won't play their top 11 so we ought to be looking at winning this. Whatever happened to looking to earn a moneyspinning tie in the next round?
Brighton seem to be having a bit of a wobble since Bissouma got arrested. I fancy us to beat them.