WBAUnofficial
Dike out for 8 weeks - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Dike out for 8 weeks (/showthread.php?tid=23721)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - MrFizz - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 12:49 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Lets see how many games we can get called off and rearrange them for when he's back. It's what other cubs have been doing and surely he counts as another one of the "unavailable" quota allowed.

Good call. A few 'false positives' should do it. Anyone got Klipperty's number?

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - SophLad - 01-25-2022

CR7 should qualify for 3 absences alone

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Lurker#3 - 01-25-2022

Well that's a huge kick in the dick. I would hope that the club have their finger of the pulse regarding loan options.

If not get Cleary signed up, and get him involved. In desperate times, hero's can be born. Something like that would be the pep talk for the young man.

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Peachy - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:52 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: If this was Football Manager I'd be reloading about now

Arf!

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Lightnin - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 01:02 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Well that's a huge kick in the dick. I would hope that the club have their finger of the pulse regarding loan options. 

If not get Cleary signed up, and get him involved. In desperate times, hero's can be born. Something like that would be the pep talk for the young man.

You'll see Ken again before you see Cleary.

Cleary was back with the U18's last week.

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Kit Kat Chunky - 01-25-2022

If we had followed our usual signings policy of recruiting him at 10.30 on 31st Jan, then this would never have happened. Let that be a lesson to everyone who called for early signings.

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Hopalong - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:43 AM)Loanee Wrote: There are actually fans on Twitter blaming Val for this, what have we become?

Val was between a rock and a hard place after the defeat at QPR.  

He'd have been slaughtered all the more on Saturday had Dike not started. 

As it turned out, he didn't look quite right and therefore maybe it was too soon and he was clearly trying very hard to impress and compensate for the earlier misses.  It happened right in front of me and I have to say it was a very sharp and risky turn as he attempted to get away from the defender and it obviously put too much strain on whichever muscle he's torn.  

The eight weeks is probably a very cautious recovery period given by the club and hopefully he'll be back sooner. 

We soldier on.  Maybe if Diang can continue in Saturday's vein it will fill part of the gap. 

I would like to see us at least make an attempt to get Diagne back.

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - KRO - 01-25-2022

Tbf that is bad luck. Anyone who says is otherwise is nuts

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - Hopalong - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 11:44 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Weren't we linked with Muriqi from Lazio at some stage?

That's still rumbling on maybe this will focus our minds, would be excellent.  Last I heard St Etienne were in the picture too.  

Clearly these strong links were well before Saturday and it seemed like we would looking to sign two as we always needed.  How a professional football club can think one striker is enough is beyond me but then I guess that's the situation at Man City and West Ham.

RE: Dike out for 8 weeks - MrFizz - 01-25-2022

(01-25-2022, 01:31 PM)KRO Wrote: Tbf that is bad luck. Anyone who says is otherwise is nuts

Fancy swapping Zohore and Hugill for Jutkiewicz?