WBAUnofficial
Boris Johnson - Printable Version

+- WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk)
+-- Forum: WBAUnofficial (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Politics (https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Boris Johnson (/showthread.php?tid=22850)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: Boris Johnson - baggy1 - 05-25-2022

Sue Gray's report is out and all you need to know is that we know a lot of it, and for those of us that were worried about a whitewash all you need to know is this:"

A gathering in the No 10 Downing Street flat 

The event

Following the announcement of the departure of Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain, a meeting was held in the No 10 flat from some time after 18.00 to discuss the handling of their departure. Five special advisers attended. The Prime Minister joined them at about 20.00. Food and alcohol were available. The discussion carried on later into the evening with attendees leaving at various points. The information collected on this gathering is limited as the process of obtaining evidence had only just been commenced when the Metropolitan Police announced their own investigations, which included events on the 13 November 2020. At this point I stopped my investigation, given the need to avoid any prejudice to the police investigation. Following the Metropolitan Police announcement on 19 May 2022 I considered whether or not to conduct any further investigation into this event but concluded it was not appropriate or proportionate to do so.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1078404/2022-05-25_FINAL_FINDINGS_OF_SECOND_PERMANENT_SECRETARY_INTO_ALLEGED_GATHERINGS.pdf

RE: Boris Johnson - JOK - 05-26-2022

(04-27-2022, 06:15 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 06:07 AM)JOK Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 10:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I wouldn’t put myself on a pedestal of virtue because I would be found wanting, 
The current government is...  dragging us down.

No response to my answer to your regular “what’s better”  question then?
Which on my list do you think shouldn't have been enacted? 

No response to anything about Johnson and this governments behaviour from you either.

Standard deflection to avoid answering the question as usual.
I don’t have anything to respond to. I’m not defending the government, or any politician for that matter. In fact there are very few today I would. It is you who needs to defend your continual divisive, inaccurate, myopic and contentious, bile ridden pronouncements. But of course, you don’t or can’t. Why is it you ignore valid answers to your questions / wild pronouncements and then, when you think everyone will have forgotten ask the same questions or come out with the usual tripe which you can’t defend, again.
Go on answer just one, of the many, questions you ignore.

‘How can an event that was reported in May, influence the actions of large numbers of people in March and April?’

To make things a little awkward for you, I’ll give you a snippet from one of your posts.
You said on 22/3/2022
“It’s ok whilst everyone tries to do the right thing, chavtastic morons are going to the beach, playing in those scrupulously clean arcades and then stopping at crowded caravan parks usually in places with limited healthcare!  “.
This country has an epidemic of mindless fuckwits!

Cummins story broke on the 22/05/2020. Even you indicated that this was happening two months before they, or you, knew of Cummins breaking lockdown! Still, let’s not waste an opportunity to have a dig at your morbidly reviled Tories by pretending mass breaking of lockdown was triggered by a Tory type .

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=9597&pid=160717#pid160717

RE: Boris Johnson - Derek Hardballs - 05-26-2022

(05-26-2022, 12:38 AM)JOK Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 06:15 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-27-2022, 06:07 AM)JOK Wrote:
(04-18-2022, 10:03 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

I wouldn’t put myself on a pedestal of virtue because I would be found wanting, 
The current government is...  dragging us down.

No response to my answer to your regular “what’s better”  question then?
Which on my list do you think shouldn't have been enacted? 

No response to anything about Johnson and this governments behaviour from you either.

Standard deflection to avoid answering the question as usual.
I don’t have anything to respond to. I’m not defending the government, or any politician for that matter. In fact there are very few today I would. It is you who needs to defend your continual divisive, inaccurate, myopic and contentious, bile ridden pronouncements. But of course, you don’t or can’t. Why is it you ignore valid answers to your questions / wild pronouncements and then, when you think everyone will have forgotten ask the same questions or come out with the usual tripe which you can’t defend, again.
Go on answer just one, of the many, questions you ignore.

‘How can an event that was reported in May, influence the actions of large numbers of people in March and April?’

To make things a little awkward for you, I’ll give you a snippet from one of your posts.
You said on 22/3/2022
“It’s ok whilst everyone tries to do the right thing, chavtastic morons are going to the beach, playing in those scrupulously clean arcades and then stopping at crowded caravan parks usually in places with limited healthcare!  “.
This country has an epidemic of mindless fuckwits!

Cummins story broke on the 22/05/2020. Even you indicated that this was happening two months before they, or you, knew of Cummins breaking lockdown! Still, let’s not waste an opportunity to have a dig at your morbidly reviled Tories by pretending mass breaking of lockdown was triggered by a Tory type .

https://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=9597&pid=160717#pid160717

Ok

RE: Boris Johnson - Kit Kat Chunky - 05-26-2022

Somebody has to hold the dishevelled cunt to account.

RE: Boris Johnson - Duffers - 05-27-2022

What I’ve always found amusing about Johnson is how blatantly obvious it has always been that he considers ruling this country to be his destiny, his birthright. He’s spent his career scheming and politicking to get himself into this position… and yet he’s fucking terrible at it! For a guy who’s obsessed with Churchill and legacy it’s fitting that his will be as the worst PM we have ever had.

RE: Boris Johnson - Ossian - 05-27-2022

He only ever wanted the position; one to which he believed himself entitled.

I doubt he ever much fancied the work.

RE: Boris Johnson - Protheroe - 05-27-2022

(05-27-2022, 10:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: What I’ve always found amusing about Johnson is how blatantly obvious it has always been that he considers ruling this country to be his destiny, his birthright. He’s spent his career scheming and politicking to get himself into this position… and yet he’s fucking terrible at it! For a guy who’s obsessed with Churchill and legacy it’s fitting that his will be as the worst PM we have ever had.

You're right, and  funnily enough I've been listening to a podcast about Churchill's early life, and whilst the parallels of entitlement are astoundingly similar they end there. The fact is that Churchill experienced pretty much a lifetime of adventures, near death experiences and exceptional gallantry well before he even entered Parliament.

RE: Boris Johnson - baggy1 - 05-27-2022

(05-27-2022, 12:16 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-27-2022, 10:27 AM)Duffers Wrote: What I’ve always found amusing about Johnson is how blatantly obvious it has always been that he considers ruling this country to be his destiny, his birthright. He’s spent his career scheming and politicking to get himself into this position… and yet he’s fucking terrible at it! For a guy who’s obsessed with Churchill and legacy it’s fitting that his will be as the worst PM we have ever had.

You're right, and  funnily enough I've been listening to a podcast about Churchill's early life, and whilst the parallels of entitlement are astoundingly similar they end there. The fact is that Churchill experienced pretty much a lifetime of adventures, near death experiences and exceptional gallantry well before he even entered Parliament.

You’ve obviously never tasted the adrenaline of burning £50 notes in front of tramps if you think he hasn’t had adventure

RE: Boris Johnson - Kit Kat Chunky - 05-27-2022

I don't disagree with your comments, Duffs, but I have a different take.

He always viewed his time as PM as a stepping stone (in my opinion) to his next career move. A bit like Blair in that regard.

Once he leaves, he will have Brexit, Covid and a war in Europe  to talk about. He will be in demand and very rich as a consequence.

RE: Boris Johnson - Duffers - 05-27-2022

It’s ok, he’s changed the ministerial code now so you don’t have to resign if you’re caught being an utter bastard…