Lockdown weight gain
(04-11-2020, 02:35 PM)TR 675 Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 12:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The pub closures means I’ve dropped a couple kilos... aiming to drop another 5-6 before this ends as it’s a golden opportunity to be disciplined With what I eat, do some exercise and not get tempted into causal beers in the week... not to mention the weekend football booze ups and baltis!

Kabbabish on Woodbridge road is still my favourite place to go for a balti. I first went there in 1986 and will always try and call in when in Moseley.

Kabbabish the best of a few average ones in Moseley IMO... the Diwan near Balsall Heath is pretty solid too. 

Prefer heading down to Kings Heath for them though... Punjabi Dhaba always excellent, and then the Covered Wagon in Yardley has overtaken Hen & Chickens in the sizzler Desi pub chart.

Have to agree woth SW4.  Ive always found Kababish ro be bang on average catering for a certain demographic (despite being frequented by touring cricket teams and commentators). Panjabi Dhaba on the other hand seems to be  much more authentic and serves decent no nonsense grub. Havent eaten in the Covered Waggon but heard good reports. I watched the Milwall game in there earlier this season but wasnt tempted by the food.

I will have to give both recommendations a try.  I guess it’s like most things in life and about personal taste and in this case even down to the spice level and the amount of salt in the dishes (something the judges on Masterchef constantly ignore).
I've been hit by the double whammy of being bored so I'm baking bread and cake coupled with not being able to easily give away said bread and cake...
Trying to keep to my normal routine food wise so have kept to 13st bang on, which has been my weight for 20 years, bar one time I crept over 14st around Christmas. Have worked to keep BMI just the right side.
Just walked 16000 steps today and had a half hour cycle with the kids so keeping the physical therapy in order.
Fortunately though I work from home. In my early 30s long hours and eating late had me fighting the flab so can see how it happens.
I've lost a stone and a half. Started Amatryptyline for my migraines and repair damaged nerves from eczema, completely destroyed my appetite.
(04-11-2020, 04:50 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 12:58 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The pub closures means I’ve dropped a couple kilos... aiming to drop another 5-6 before this ends as it’s a golden opportunity to be disciplined With what I eat, do some exercise and not get tempted into causal beers in the week... not to mention the weekend football booze ups and baltis!

Kabbabish on Woodbridge road is still my favourite place to go for a balti. I first went there in 1986 and will always try and call in when in Moseley.

Kabbabish the best of a few average ones in Moseley IMO... the Diwan near Balsall Heath is pretty solid too. 

Prefer heading down to Kings Heath for them though... Punjabi Dhaba always excellent, and then the Covered Wagon in Yardley has overtaken Hen & Chickens in the sizzler Desi pub chart.

Have to agree woth SW4.  Ive always found Kababish ro be bang on average catering for a certain demographic (despite being frequented by touring cricket teams and commentators). Panjabi Dhaba on the other hand seems to be  much more authentic and serves decent no nonsense grub. Havent eaten in the Covered Waggon but heard good reports. I watched the Milwall game in there earlier this season but wasnt tempted by the food.

I will have to give both recommendations a try.  I guess it’s like most things in life and about personal taste and in this case even down to the spice level and the amount of salt in the dishes (something the judges on Masterchef constantly ignore).

Always annoys me when they bang on about seasoning levels...

Thoroughly recommend giving the Covered Wagon a try - good place to Combine football and an easy curry.

Used to like the Old Mo, but food has gone downhill massively in last 12 months and they’ve tried to rip me off the last two times I’ve been “confusing” my order with a more expensive one.
(04-11-2020, 08:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 04:50 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 01:09 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Kabbabish on Woodbridge road is still my favourite place to go for a balti. I first went there in 1986 and will always try and call in when in Moseley.

Always annoys me when they bang on about seasoning levels...

Thoroughly recommend giving the Covered Wagon a try - good place to Combine football and an easy curry.

Used to like the Old Mo, but food has gone downhill massively in last 12 months and they’ve tried to rip me off the last two times I’ve been “confusing” my order with a more expensive one.

The Old Mo is a superb pub with great beer (not a massive range but perfectly kept). The food is bang average despite the fact that people rave about it.
If I eat there I stick to a few half decent dishes: fish pakora, daal and chana dishes are ok. Covered wagon has better food but uninspiring surroundings and ale.

Indian Brewery near Snow Hill and in solihull very different. Tap and Tandoor in Solihull excellent but beer pricey.