George Best
'All by Himself' documentary on BBC 4 at 9pm
(04-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: 'All by Himself' documentary on BBC 4 at 9pm

I will have to record it as it clashes with 'The Undateables'.
Hopefully on i-player

My favourite player ever not that I'm biased.  

Can still see his long black locks flowing in the wind as he ran towards the Smeth. 

Wonderful memory as a kid.
(04-01-2020, 07:40 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: 'All by Himself' documentary on BBC 4 at 9pm

I will have to record it as it clashes with 'The Undateables'.

Is that a dodgy antiques programme?
2nd game I ever saw at The Hawthorns. March '71. WBA 4 Man Utd 3.
Bomber Hat trick and John Wile
Best Aston and Kidd for them.
Best was brilliant but got absolutely hammered by John Kaye in the second half IIRC and didn't feature much in the rest of the match u
(04-01-2020, 07:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Hopefully on i-player

My favourite player ever not that I'm biased.  

Can still see his long black locks flowing in the wind as he ran towards the Smeth. 

Wonderful memory as a kid.

You Man U You?
Worth a watch if available on I-player. Lots of honesty from Besty, his mates and girls. May be just me but I saw a few resemblances to the Gazza story.
(04-01-2020, 08:06 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: 2nd game I ever saw at The Hawthorns. March '71. WBA 4 Man Utd 3.
Bomber Hat trick and John Wile
Best Aston and Kidd for them.
Best was brilliant but got absolutely hammered by John Kaye in the second half IIRC and didn't feature much in the rest of the match u

Was in the Smethwick for that one, can remember the constant chant of E for B and Georgie Best.
For me the finest footballer whoever lived . People talk about pele the greatest goal scorer, Messi, both Ronaldo’s and Maradona. But for me G Best did it on pitches that were 6ins in mud and could beat anybody with ease. His balance was incredible. God knows what he would have achieved but for girls and booze that wrecked his later years.
For anyone around at that time.Do you remember the full beard he had, and the reason he said he'd shaved it off ?