Night car cruising in the Black Country - WTF??
(04-01-2020, 11:15 AM)fuzzbox Wrote: They do it over in LA. I think it's the modern day equivalent of borrowing your moms car and going to the local shopping centre carpark to pose, maybe whilst pooling your coppers together to share a bag of chips with your mates.

Now, though, they have their own second hand hatchbacks so they can piss about ruining their tyres doing 'donuts' and lowering the value of their cars by putting on tacky after-market modifications.

It sort of makes sense on a warm night in California, but on a gloomy industrial estate in walsall when it's pissing down in rain? But hey, kids will be kids...in the late 80's early 90s we probably held warehouse parties in the very same industrial estates. This is probably better for the police, but I can't help feel a little disappointed in the youth, that this is all they could come up with....

"Cruising culture" in the U.S., particularly California and parts of the now rust belt, dates back to the 1950s.  When I lived in coal cracker country in PA local museums/heritage centres celebrated the post-war youth culture of lowriders and cruisers.

Like you say, cruising down Whittier Blvd. in a Cadillac Eldorado is a tad cooler than speeding along the Black Country route in a sup'ed up Vauxhall Corsa.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Night car cruising in the Black Country - WTF?? - by WWHO - 04-01-2020, 11:32 AM