So where is the help for the self employed and renters?
(03-18-2020, 02:34 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 08:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 08:22 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Most freelancers clients will not be paying them because they won’t know if they can.

That's bollocks Derek, my clients are generally paying within terms - I threatened legal action yesterday to a persistent delinquent payer and they've already paid me this morning.

Part of the package issued yesterday included loans to firms so they could pay their suppliers. There is no excuse not to pay.

It’s not bollocks. If you can’t do the actual job sat in front of the computer or similar then you won’t get paid. Companies / clients won’t or can’t pay for work that is impossible to start or complete. It has to be addressed as there a lot of people who will suffer otherwise. I hope it will be.

What type of freelance work that can't be done in front of a screen requires face to face contact Dekka? You do talk out of your arse. Edit "most" to "a tiny minority" and you might have a point.

Working within the community, care workers, working in hospitality, freelance chef's, painters, decorators, construction staff, entertainers, child minders, many in the creative sector, window cleaners, gardeners, youth workers etc etc. Clients are not going to book most of these people and soon I suspect they won't be able to move freely as we shall be in lockdown to a lesser or greater extent. You talk nonsense to try and pretend that most freelancers, zero hour employee's have contracts that mean their clients have to pay even if they don't / can't do the work or that they can do their job via a laptop. The subject dominated Prime Ministers Questions so don't be so disingenuous to suggests this isn't something that needs addressing. 

I hope it will be and to be fair to the government and the opposition parties they seem to have acknowledged the problem and are working together (fingers crossed) to mean those people don't become victims of a situation completely out of their control.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So where is the help for the self employed and renters? - by Derek Hardballs - 03-18-2020, 03:42 PM