Work
Everyone going tomorrow? 

I don’t feel like a guinea pig.  Footballers ffs.
Had an email earlier that due to a confirmed case in one of the London offices (not mine) all sites are closed until further notice.
I'm fucked for the next couple of months, at least.

All the football and concerts being cancelled means I don't work. Practically all event security staff are on zero hour contracts, so we're only going to get paid for the first 2 weeks of this month, then bugger all until all this nonsense is over and everything's back to normal.
As an employer who is paying for everyone to stay at home?

My house is on a PG with the bank for this. Worrying times.
(03-15-2020, 09:02 PM)Bromley Baggie 2 Wrote: I'm fucked for the next couple of months, at least.

All the football and concerts being cancelled means I don't work. Practically all event security staff are on zero hour contracts, so we're only going to get paid for the first 2 weeks of this month, then bugger all until all this nonsense is over and everything's back to normal.

This is another issue the government must address quickly, as money dries up, prices of scarce goods goes up, people will not let their families starve. The government need to act now to prevent more problems in a couple of weeks time.
I'll be on the 7:21 train and will do a full day.
I'm effectively self employed so I have to keep going. I have a 3 month lead in time, so it will hit me later in the year.
I work in the food industry, so all non essential staff are working from home for the duration.

I have a couple days at home a week as it is, but with all overseas travel banned and both customers and factories telling us to stay away and use Skype instead it looks like I’ll be at home fir a few weeks yet.

I swear I’ll go stir crazy within a matter of days, but given the problems some are facing I can’t complain at all.
On leave tomorrow. Working from home Tuesday and Wednesday as usual. No indication our office is closed yet.
Since my last contract ended I've not got a job... Typically for me, I've picked the worst possible time to be applying for new ones!