Spotted at Anfield
The invisible man...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51789141
I see those Scousers are as well dressed as ever!
The chap at the bottom left is wearing a getty images scarf, whatever that is.
(03-09-2020, 07:39 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: The invisible man...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51789141

Usual football tourists from the Far East at Anfield
Reminds me of Big Ron when on our tour of China and he said something along the lines of “they were hard to break down until we found a chink in their defence”. That would be 100% inappropriate today and he would rightly get slated for it. t the time, it was dismissed.
(03-09-2020, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Reminds me of Big Ron when on our tour of China and he said something along the lines of “they were hard to break down until we found a chink in their defence”.   That would be 100% inappropriate today and he would rightly get slated for it. t the time, it was dismissed.

Absolutely fucking brilliant.
(03-09-2020, 08:38 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Reminds me of Big Ron when on our tour of China and he said something along the lines of “they were hard to break down until we found a chink in their defence”.   That would be 100% inappropriate today and he would rightly get slated for it. t the time, it was dismissed.

Yep, but it’s gone too far. Seriously I did an email to an openly gay guy yesterday and I said thanks for the query. I went back and changed it to thanks for the question after a colleague pointed out the word in relation to his sexuality. 
Modern life!
(03-10-2020, 07:05 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Yep, but it’s gone too far. Seriously I did an email to an openly gay guy yesterday and I said thanks for the query. I went back and changed it to thanks for the question after a colleague pointed out the word in relation to his sexuality. 
Modern life!

FFS I'd have left it. And I see no harm in Ron saying they found a chink in their defence. Both query and a chink in something are perfectly fine and have zero racist / gayist connotations. I'd be fugged in my job if I couldn't use the word query, as that is what you do with databases to retrieve specific data.