Spanish Sports journalism...
We think our press are bad, Marca are something else... their magazine today makes some of the comments on here after a defeat seem positively complimentary and balanced!

Coverage of Real-City dominates 15 pages...

Front page is We Collapsed, followed by a balanced report about how City were better and Courtois kept them in it.

The next  10 pages are a non stop personal attack on everything Zidane did wrong last night and in every match he’s managed this season... they then assassinate the Ref, and spend 2 pages saying about why Barça will thrash them.

It’s quite a read!
(02-27-2020, 03:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: It’s quite a read!

You are Pablo Ibanez / Gonzalo Jara / Carlos Vela and I claim my 5 Pesos.
Some years back, we had a great holiday on Portugals Costa Prata, the Atlantic between Lisbon & Porto. Benfica had beaten some team from Latvia or whaerever. Portugals serious daily newspaper, El Tempo or whatever, devoted the first 12 pages to this.
(02-27-2020, 03:41 PM)Ministry Of Silly Signings Wrote: Some years back, we had a great holiday on Portugals Costa Prata, the Atlantic between Lisbon & Porto.  Benfica had beaten some team from Latvia or whaerever. Portugals serious daily newspaper, El Tempo or whatever, devoted the first 12 pages to this.

I guess when you have a 30 something page newspaper to fill every day you have to string things out...

Not a single mention of women’s football anywhere though!
It must be the Latin temperament. Remember what the Brazilian press were like after the 1-7 WC Semi-Final against Germany.
Was anyone  moaning about not beng able to get two seats together at he Bernabeu, at short notice?    Rolleyes
(02-27-2020, 04:17 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Was anyone  moaning about not beng able to get two seats together at he Bernabeu, at short notice?    Rolleyes

Apparently the only ones available had slightly obscured views.