Greasy Jack...
(02-27-2020, 11:23 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 11:12 AM)Peachy Wrote: Premier league stats for some context. Yes he's doing well but he's hardly smashing the rest

Greasy 7 goals 6 assists
Alli 7 goals 3 assists
Harvey 4 goals 6 assists
Maddison  6 goals 3 assists
Cantwell 6 goals 2 assists

Be interesting to see how the stats look at the end of the season. A couple of villa "mates" of mine reckon he's losing interest and his performances are dipping over recent weeks. 

IMO he'll move to a big boy at the end of the season regardless of whether they stay up or not. No question imo.

Worth adding the number of minutes into that too, imagine Harvey and Ali’s are vastly lower than Greasy. They are however playing with much better players around them.

Better players around him would mean he doesn't have the licence to do what ever he wants and pay where ever he wants.

Speaking to my Vile pal a few weeks back and he was saying he would struggle to play a defined role. His value comes from being a big fish in a small pond and having the pressure to wins games alone. He takes all free kicks, corners etc. He drops deep to collect the ball on the transition and he floats about in dangerous areas when attacking. In a Utd or Spurs team he would have players who are as good if not better vying for such a role which would leave him playing left midfield.

I don't think his performances or influence would be quite as impressive then.
(02-26-2020, 11:38 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:21 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:08 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He's really grown as a person and player since that Birmingham fan punched him, he took that really well and it then sprung him into getting those cunts promoted almost single handedly. I always said he struggled with end product but he really has developed and taking the hatred of Villa out of it, he really should be in the England squad by now. Without him Villa would be almost relegated already.

If the release clause is 45 million Man Utd or whoever buys him has a real bargain imo.

Tbh although he is a seal twat, cut out the fact he falls over his own boot laces, he really is a talent player probaly the only English midfielder to be able to carry the ball some distance under pressure and make a Telling pass since Gazza,,, but he is still a fisheatingsealtwatfacedcunt.
PS
As, said above if he played for a top 5 club he would be an England regular.,him and McGinn are the reason Vile are in the prem not gammon face.

When they played Spurs last week he was playing behind the centre as was Deli Alli. I know who I would be looking to sign as opposed to the current incumbent in the England Squad. Alli didn't look a patch on Greasy in terms of threat to the defence and creativity. 
He still wears tampons for shin pads though.

Ali is typical example of a player over-hyped by the media due his being English, he's a decent Prem player but wouldn't have been anywhere near the England squad 15-20 years ago, let alone be a regular starter.
(02-27-2020, 02:44 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 11:38 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:21 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 08:08 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: He's really grown as a person and player since that Birmingham fan punched him, he took that really well and it then sprung him into getting those cunts promoted almost single handedly. I always said he struggled with end product but he really has developed and taking the hatred of Villa out of it, he really should be in the England squad by now. Without him Villa would be almost relegated already.

If the release clause is 45 million Man Utd or whoever buys him has a real bargain imo.

Tbh although he is a seal twat, cut out the fact he falls over his own boot laces, he really is a talent player probaly the only English midfielder to be able to carry the ball some distance under pressure and make a Telling pass since Gazza,,, but he is still a fisheatingsealtwatfacedcunt.
PS
As, said above if he played for a top 5 club he would be an England regular.,him and McGinn are the reason Vile are in the prem not gammon face.

When they played Spurs last week he was playing behind the centre as was Deli Alli. I know who I would be looking to sign as opposed to the current incumbent in the England Squad. Alli didn't look a patch on Greasy in terms of threat to the defence and creativity. 
He still wears tampons for shin pads though.

Ali is typical example of a player over-hyped by the media due his being English, he's a decent Prem player but wouldn't have been anywhere near the England squad 15-20 years ago.

I'd say you've nailed Grealish there.