Hegazi
Did well tonight I thought. Back to back clean sheets with him back in the team.
(02-25-2020, 10:13 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Did well tonight I thought. Back to back clean sheets with him back in the team.

+1. Thought he was great tonight and with every minute he's getting sharper. He was unlucky with the one he fizzed inches wide. Great effort that. 

Can't see Bartley getting back in for a while.
(02-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:13 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Did well tonight I thought. Back to back clean sheets with him back in the team.

+1. Thought he was great tonight and with every minute he's getting sharper. He was unlucky with the one he fizzed inches wide. Great effort that. 

I know he had a game where he came in and didn't impress a while ago but he needed a run of games to get up and running again and form a partnership with Ajayi. He's a better defender than Bartley.
(02-25-2020, 10:17 PM)Peachy Wrote:

good to have competition for places, Hegazi is a premier league defender, Bartley whilst improving is not. Hegazi reads the game so much better imvho.
When he passed the ball over that Preston's players head - lovely stuff.

He did well tonight and always puts a shift in.
(02-25-2020, 11:43 PM)Squid Wrote: When he passed the ball over that Preston's players head - lovely stuff.

He did well tonight and always puts a shift in.

Cool as ice, don’t you ink?
Hegazi is like Olsson was.... best defender we have but takes half a dozen games to get there after being out, after looking like he’s never kicked a ball before in his first couple back.
(02-26-2020, 07:16 AM)Statto Wrote: Hegazi is like Olsson was.... best defender we have but takes half a dozen games to get there after being out, after looking like he’s never kicked a ball before in his first couple back.

I think it takes him a while to calibrate himself after time out, especially considering the way he moves around the pitch. When he's on form, he's a joy to watch.
He's a class act. Does he ever lose ANYTHING in the air?
(02-26-2020, 08:03 AM)Squid Wrote:
(02-26-2020, 07:16 AM)Statto Wrote: Hegazi is like Olsson was.... best defender we have but takes half a dozen games to get there after being out, after looking like he’s never kicked a ball before in his first couple back.

I think it takes him a while to calibrate himself after time out, especially considering the way he moves around the pitch. When he's on form, he's a joy to watch.

Not sure if anyone ever listens to the ‘Quickly Kevin..’ podcasts. Really good episode with Gary Neville where he talks about United under Ferguson having employed a physio/psychologist who used to work with players coming back from injury by getting them to do specific eye exercises to get the eyes back into shape for games. 

The thought process was that the fabled ‘match sharpness’ was nothing to do with general fitness but was all about awareness of in-game situations - the ability to quickly see what is going on around you and react to it