Austin
Not condoning Austin if he threw a strop but I did think HRK should have come off earlier tonight. Was excellent for an hour but looked knackered after that
(02-25-2020, 10:10 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: Not condoning Austin if he threw a strop but I did think HRK should have come off earlier tonight. Was excellent for an hour but looked knackered after that

+1

They went down to 10 men on 64 mins and Austin came on in the 82nd minute. 

Given how many minutes he's played recently and how the game was panning out I'd have swapped him at the sending off.
(02-25-2020, 10:10 PM)boingingbaggie Wrote: Not condoning Austin if he threw a strop but I did think HRK should have come off earlier tonight. Was excellent for an hour but looked knackered after that

HRK was blowing out his arse way before Grosicki came on (80 mins?).

Should have at least give Charlie 20 mins.
(02-25-2020, 10:06 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:05 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:00 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 09:55 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Anyone else notice him storming off down the tunnel at full time?

Bit odd. 

Thought he played well when he came on.

Yes - even refused a handshake with one of our coaching staff.

Known to be a mardy arse at times is Charlie. Wants to be playing I guess. He fell out big time with ol hasstlehoff at Saints over lack of minutes and he probably came here thinking he'd be playing much more. 

Think he'll be gone in the summer to another Champ club personally.

Agreed, no way he'll cut it in the prem the way we play currently.

No issue with me if he’s gone in the summer.  Great squad option in this division, is out of the starting 11 on merit, and there are plenty of Championship sides who would happily pay his wages and get us our £4m back
(02-25-2020, 10:51 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:00 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 09:55 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote: Anyone else notice him storming off down the tunnel at full time?

Bit odd. 

Yes - even refused a handshake with one of our coaching staff.

Known to be a mardy arse at times is Charlie. Wants to be playing I guess. He fell out big time with ol hasstlehoff at Saints over lack of minutes and he probably came here thinking he'd be playing much more. 

No issue with me if he’s gone in the summer.  Great squad option in this division, is out of the starting 11 on merit, and there are plenty of Championship sides who would happily pay his wages and get us our £4m back

Not sure about that Prag... he’s on big money with us and I can’t see anyone wanting to take that commitment on.

He’s a decent lad to have around the place - tonight’s behaviour aside - and if we get promoted it’s no real issue
Bilic:

"It’s about the team. It’s about the team, I’m not above the team. To be fair, I’ve been delighted with Charlie.

You don’t hear Charlie in the dressing room before the game, after the game - he is magnificent to us. He’s working hard, and at the end of the day he played. It’s good to have the players who want to play more minutes.

It’s competition at the moment, Hal is doing great for us. It’s my job to look after the team. You can’t please everybody, but with Charlie to be fair I wanted to say it a few times before - his attitude has been and is spot on."

Bit odd. 

Dying for a piss
(02-25-2020, 10:56 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:51 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-25-2020, 10:00 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Yes - even refused a handshake with one of our coaching staff.

Not sure about that Prag... he’s on big money with us and I can’t see anyone wanting to take that commitment on.

He’s a decent lad to have around the place - tonight’s behaviour aside - and if we get promoted it’s no real issue

I guess it depends on who else goes up and who comes down, but there will be several big payers in the division and if he wants to play rather than be on the bench then there will be options.
(02-25-2020, 11:28 PM)Mr Jingles Wrote:

Bit odd. 

Dying for a piss

Big Grin
I’d be more worried if he wasn’t pissed off at the lack of minutes, at least it shows he has the desire to be playing and contributing. Certainly not condoning his behaviour, he’ll still have a part to play this season I’d imagine.
In the form of his life.