City Ground redevelopment..
(02-12-2020, 04:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This has turned out to be a very good thread.

Not for me, I hate heights.
Brentford’s new ground looks nice.

Modern but still small.
(02-12-2020, 05:23 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Brentford’s new ground looks nice.

Modern but still small.

There's a chance the community park won't be ready. They're going to need to negotiate with the FA should they get promoted.

Their fans are already doubting the community stadium will be big enough to sustainable in the premiership. They're having similar debates as this.
(02-12-2020, 04:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: This has turned out to be a very good thread.

Agree Derek. It’s the type of argument I wish Brexit had been!
(02-12-2020, 03:43 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 01:28 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 11:37 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:24 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 10:02 AM)Pneumann Wrote: Fearing I repeat myself, Bill Dit and They Will Come. Unquestionably, for the big games. And, if allowed, incorporate a decent swathe of standing room. By not expanding we demonstrate our lack of ambition and our lack of belief that we can make our own future. Endz.

Exactly.

Liverpool's new main stand was for 20,000 sets. Cost £75m. Has 7500 hospitality seats - doubling what was there before - making in it's first year £12m.

Now we're no Liverpool. We don't want 20,000 seats. The current Halfords is 4700 people, the Smethick 5200. The new Rainbow cost just £8m for 8700 seats.

So we may be looking at increasing the Halfords and the corners to Smethwick and Brummie to make it 10000 across the piece. That probably gives a capacity of £31K plus loads of new corporate boxes.

Cost - what do you reckon - must be architects and developers on here - I reckon £25-30m. Call it 2.5 Brown Ideye's.

Look at Sunderland at the weekend - doing shit - but had a nice tasty game on paper - well priced  - they got 33K. It aint rocket science Tom

Remi does the maths on 'ere!

But I'll have a pop... 'Pools works out at £3,750 per seat, and whilst Aachen may have built a ground cheaper you can assume the Liverpool price is more along the lines of what it would cost over here. Official Halford's capacity is currently on 3,773 BTW. Can't really use the East STand to compare costs as it was built 19 years ago and things have gone up a lot since then.

In effect you're looking at a ten year season ticket to cover the build cost (ignoring maintenance) of each seat. That's also excluding the simple fact that the club would probably end up needing to pay a lot more to do something to Halford's Lane (sewers, gas mains, electric, broadband etc...) , they may even have to re-route part of the road, and that could then lead to changes needed at the Academy over the road, etc..., but would assume it would increase costs further. A simple 5,000 expansion would likely cost c£19m, based on Liverpool's costs, which may actually work out lower since they had more seats...add in that it's building on an existing structure & the road and you may well end up almost doubling the costs (based on it cost £16m for them to do Centenary Square in Brum (and that was largely a paving and putting in some nice garden bits and fountains type work...very little vertical stuff)).

I don't think we'd see much change from £30m, for something that may give us 5,000 more capacity which likely would rarely get past half full. *if* we get promoted *and* re-establish ourselves then I would say do it, until then it would be an expense that could impact promotion chances.

£30M-ish

Borrow most of that over 7 to 10 years. 

Wim goowin up, so Nike slogan please.

If you are relegated then your income drops dramatically, and would make servicing that loan difficult. The most you could borrow would be c£21M, and repayments over 7 years would be around £3.5M p.a., which is a lot when your turnover is less than £20M p.a. in the Chump.

Bang average post that. 

Raise your game.
Millwall increasing their capacity from 20,000 to 34,000

One of the smallest budgets in the championship
(02-13-2020, 10:15 PM)Wotty Wrote: Millwall increasing their capacity from 20,000 to 34,000

Amazing. Average attendance under 14k this season, how do they think they'll fill 34k??
(02-13-2020, 10:23 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 10:15 PM)Wotty Wrote: Millwall increasing their capacity from 20,000 to 34,000

Amazing. Average attendance under 14k this season, how do they think they'll fill 34k??

It’s an eyebrow raiser faw shaw
(02-13-2020, 10:23 PM)TartanRug Wrote:

Lots of people want to sit together so don’t attend matches as they can’t get 10,000 seats together... they also think they’ll be able to get a lot of the Poles and Asians with sensible pricing.