Ferguson again
(02-07-2020, 08:22 AM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:32 AM)Logic1 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 07:30 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: What I can't understand is why is he so desperate
to leave the Albion? I know his wages will go up
and get some signing on fee , but he's only 19
and would play for us most games, and we have offered
£20,000 a week.

There must be something fundamentally wrong down there for all these kids just wanting to leave.

I only dimly remember being 19, but from what I remember, the way I felt and the decisions I made would not be the same as the decisions I would make now. They were often braver, which I miss, but sometimes they were naive, which I don't.

For a Friday, that's very philosophical.

True though.
I think Dowling's comments suggest that once the operation is complete, and the findings are minor, then he will sold to Palace.
(02-07-2020, 07:30 AM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: What I can't understand is why is he so desperate
£20,000 a week.

There must be something fundamentally wrong down there for all these kids just wanting to leave.

Or maybe the kids just think that playing for the Albion isn't living dream.  We're not the big ticket and the players we've lost recently haven't exactly sold themselves short:

Sinclair - Liverpool
Dandha - Liverpool
Brown - Chelsea
Berahino - Spurs (well it was the failed moved that turned him)
Rogers - Man City
Louie Barrie - Barcelona* (A villa fan moving to his own club and following the coach he probably believes developed him)

Thorne was the exception wanting out to join Derby.

The way any club quickly ditches those not deemed good enough we can't stamp our feet to demand loyalty back in the face of higher wages and the opportunity to join those clubs.
Fuck him dont give the operation and let his knee disintegrate . That's the cunt in me what I think .get him done and fuck him off in reality .
(02-07-2020, 12:08 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
£20,000 a week.

Or maybe the kids just think that playing for the Albion isn't living dream.  We're not the big ticket and the players we've lost recently haven't exactly sold themselves short:

Sinclair - Liverpool
Dandha - Liverpool
Brown - Chelsea
Berahino - Spurs (well it was the failed moved that turned him)
Rogers - Man City
Louie Barrie - Barcelona* (A villa fan moving to his own club and following the coach he probably believes developed him)

Thorne was the exception wanting out to join Derby.

The way any club quickly ditches those not deemed good enough we can't stamp our feet to demand loyalty back in the face of higher wages and the opportunity to join those clubs.

Up next...Where Are They Now????
(02-07-2020, 08:58 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote: Sorry affair.

Im the club and administrations biggest critic when need be but if you believe the noises that Edwards and Tulloch are near a deal, add Harper and Soule to those that have committed long term, Ferguson appears more the exception than the norm. Huge shame he has behaved the way he has.

And O'Shea also recently signed a deal.

According to the E&D podcast, most of the older Albion players told him to sign a deal, their thoughts being that it would be a massive increase to his current salary and he could always go elsewhere in summer if he wished to.

I don't see how the club is at fault here. He's been very poorly advised/silly.
I was told something today by a very much ITK. Can’t go into detail as there are complex and sensitive legal issues involved. There is a lot more to this situation than any of us realise. Do I think Ferguson will play for the club again (even once fit)? No I don’t.
This club has been around for over 140 years, nearly all of them without him playing. We'll get by.
If he'd signed that contract when it was offered 6 months ago and insisted on a release clause, he'd already be half a million quid better off. Badly advised? Fuckin' negligent I'd say. As for booing him, a bit childish I'd say. Ignoring him is the best policy.
(02-07-2020, 06:48 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I was told something today by a very much ITK.  Can’t go into detail as there are complex and sensitive legal issues involved.  There is a lot more to this situation than any of us realise.  Do I think Ferguson will play for the club again (even once fit)?  No I don’t.

Would you say the club is blameless  Prag? Or is it six and two thirds?
(02-07-2020, 06:48 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I was told something today by a very much ITK.  Can’t go into detail as there are complex and sensitive legal issues involved.  There is a lot more to this situation than any of us realise.  Do I think Ferguson will play for the club again (even once fit)?  No I don’t.

I'm not doubting you at all Prag but I'm wracking my brains as to what the complex and sensitive legal issues could be?

We all know his contract situation and when it runs out. Or do you mean with regards to the injury?