Saido takes responsibility
he was a cock, he fucked up, he fucked off. No longer our problem or concern, just another one that played for us for a bit then tried to fuck us over for his own interests
Heart warming refugee story ........jesus his dad got murdered
(01-24-2020, 04:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Heart warming refugee story ........jesus his dad got murdered

Your right, heart-warming is definitely the wrong term. I'd forgotten his father was murdered - I was thinking more of the narrative of a young boy who fights from absolutely nothing to becoming a leading player. 

But yes, I was wrong to use that phrase. Thanks for pointing it out.

However, the point still stands, the decision was still made to release the story to the media. Using the media has been an ever-present throughout his career, therefore you can trace the similarities in his approach.

There is nothing different here.
Manipulation through the media can be a powerful tool, especially when agents are involved.
I don't think for one minute he's got the brains to read a story never mind write one.
I'd regret it too if my career fell off a cliff because I'd been an idiot.

I notice he's not apologetic at all in that article though. Just that he regrets it. Tit.
(01-24-2020, 05:34 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 04:50 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Heart warming refugee story ........jesus his dad got murdered

Your right, heart-warming is definitely the wrong term. I'd forgotten his father was murdered - I was thinking more of the story of a young boy who fights from absolutely nothing to becoming a leading player. 

But yes, I was wrong to use that phrase.

However, the point still stands, the decision was still made to release the story to the media. Using the media has been an ever-present throughout his career, therefore you can trace the similarities in his approach.

There is nothing different here.

I reckon you've called it. Then there was the lovely mum, the church, the charity, and so on. He has always managed to use the media but it is a double edged sword. His decline in form coinciding with his turbulent off field life got him news for the wrong reasons. I really couldn't care less for his (wasted?) talent, nor feel any bitterness towards him. But I am mightily relieved he isn't our problem now.
What happened to his “charity”?
Was talking to a girl the other day who is a friend of Fabrice Muamba and has been to many footballers parties. She said most of them were vile. Said El Hadg Diouf was truly hideous.
Lot of screwed up footballers.
(01-24-2020, 10:09 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Was talking to a girl the other day who is a friend of Fabrice Muamba and has been to many footballers parties. She said most of them were vile. Said El Hadg Diouf was truly hideous.
Lot of screwed up footballers.

Funny you mention El Hajji Diouf. Many years ago I was in a black taxi in Liverpool and the conversation turned to football and this driver was clearly some kind of gopher for Diouf and spoke in such adoring terms about getting to hang out him. It's no wonder it affects some people's personalities for the worse when they are surrounded by such sycophants.
I think the Beeb have lifted the quote from a full article in The Athletic. i thought one of the subscribers may have shared it by now.