Supporters Clubs
Not sure if anybody still goes to these?

I went to the reformed Warwick Baggies Supporters Club last night, twas a great night with Richie Anderson and Ben Foster. Can highly recommend if you can get over to Leamington for the next meeting in March.

I used to go to these all of time back in the day (25 years ago!) and used to make me feel much closer to the club, team and fellow supporters.

Now that I am exiled in rainy Hampshire it made me realise how detached I have become from the club and fellow supporters. Both of my boys are Baggies and it made me sad last night that my 16 year old said that he didn't know any other West Brom fans apart from on Social Media.

Maybe it is nostalgia and the fact that we are/were winning but I feel much more connected to the club than in recent times. Certainly the away games have felt much like the old days and the meeting last night help reinforce that.
Nice positivity. I think James Morrison is scheduled in for the next Sutton Coldfield meeting.
Did Foster comment on the Watford rumours?
Sounds like a great night, thanks for the feedback.
(01-24-2020, 08:35 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Did Foster comment on the Watford rumours?
tiT Big Grin

Used to go to the kiddy ones years ago - met Cyrille and Osborne there - always remember having a piss next to Big Ron at the Tower Ballroom back in the day.
The London Supporters Club is well supported. Has about 160 members
I thought about going to this last night. I shall attempt the March one.
(01-24-2020, 08:27 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Nice positivity. I think James Morrison is scheduled in for the next Sutton Coldfield meeting.

When/where is that?
(01-24-2020, 02:26 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 08:27 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Nice positivity. I think James Morrison is scheduled in for the next Sutton Coldfield meeting.

When/where is that?

The Royal Sutton Coldfield Club (the former site of the Conservative club), 138 Jockey Road, Sutton Coldfield B73 5PP.

Thursday January 30th from just before 20:00 hrs.

Just go to the back of the car park and you'll see the clubhouse/bar by the tennis courts.

If you're late take the stair case down to the corridor below through the first door on the right, the meeting will be in the big room.
(01-24-2020, 08:22 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Not sure if anybody still goes to these?

I went to the reformed Warwick Baggies Supporters Club last night, twas a great night with Richie Anderson and Ben Foster. Can highly recommend if you can get over to Leamington for the next meeting in March.

I used to go to these all of time back in the day (25 years ago!) and used to make me feel much closer to the club, team and fellow supporters.

Now that I am exiled in rainy Hampshire it made me realise how detached I have become from the club and fellow supporters. Both of my boys are Baggies and it made me sad last night that my 16 year old said that he didn't know any other West Brom fans apart from on Social Media.

Maybe it is nostalgia and the fact that we are/were winning but I feel much more connected to the club than in recent times. Certainly the away games have felt much like the old days and the meeting last night help reinforce that.

Nice one. Take it you will be making the short trip to the Reading game in a couple of weeks?