Supporters Clubs
(01-24-2020, 06:54 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 08:22 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Not sure if anybody still goes to these?

I went to the reformed Warwick Baggies Supporters Club last night, twas a great night with Richie Anderson and Ben Foster. Can highly recommend if you can get over to Leamington for the next meeting in March.

I used to go to these all of time back in the day (25 years ago!) and used to make me feel much closer to the club, team and fellow supporters.

Now that I am exiled in rainy Hampshire it made me realise how detached I have become from the club and fellow supporters. Both of my boys are Baggies and it made me sad last night that my 16 year old said that he didn't know any other West Brom fans apart from on Social Media.

Maybe it is nostalgia and the fact that we are/were winning but I feel much more connected to the club than in recent times. Certainly the away games have felt much like the old days and the meeting last night help reinforce that.

Nice one. Take it you will be making the short trip to the Reading game in a couple of weeks?

Indeed, was well impressed with the ticket pricing. Would be nice to see us win a game there!
(01-24-2020, 08:22 AM)BasingBaggie Wrote: Not sure if anybody still goes to these?

I went to the reformed Warwick Baggies Supporters Club last night, twas a great night with Richie Anderson and Ben Foster. Can highly recommend if you can get over to Leamington for the next meeting in March.

I used to go to these all of time back in the day (25 years ago!) and used to make me feel much closer to the club, team and fellow supporters.

Now that I am exiled in rainy Hampshire it made me realise how detached I have become from the club and fellow supporters. Both of my boys are Baggies and it made me sad last night that my 16 year old said that he didn't know any other West Brom fans apart from on Social Media.

Maybe it is nostalgia and the fact that we are/were winning but I feel much more connected to the club than in recent times. Certainly the away games have felt much like the old days and the meeting last night help reinforce that.

Did Foster have anything interesting titbits?

I went to the evening with James Morrison last month and it was very funny and insightful.
(01-24-2020, 06:58 PM)BasingBaggie Wrote:
(01-24-2020, 06:54 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Nice one. Take it you will be making the short trip to the Reading game in a couple of weeks?

Indeed, was well impressed with the ticket pricing. Would be nice to see us win a game there!

Yep. Very good pricing at Reading. Be lovely to see us win there.