Enough's enough
I prefer to stand at games both home and away. To that end my HST is to the rear of the Smethwick End. For away games I generally buy tickets towards the back and centre so as not to block the view of those who wish to sit. I prefer being towards the back as I feel it gives a better perspective of the pitch and team shape as a whole.

This wasn't really an option for me given the order of sales. With the lower tickets going on sale first there was no guarantee those further back would even be released for sale. I hate being down the front but I was actually on row B and slightly to the right of centre of the goal.

If anyone behind had asked me to sit I would have done so, provided those in front of me did the same. Nobody asked me to sit so I stood and had a very good view of our second goal. Lovely. 74, I think you may have been stood behind me and about four or five seats to my left. Were you wearing a woolly hat on top of what turned out to be a smooth looking bonce?
(01-13-2020, 03:31 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I prefer to stand at games both home and away. To that end my HST is to the rear of the Smethwick End. For away games I generally buy tickets towards the back and centre so as not to block the view of those who wish to sit. I prefer being towards the back as I feel it gives a better perspective of the pitch and team shape as a whole.

This wasn't really an option for me given the order of sales. With the lower tickets going on sale first there was no guarantee those further back would even be released for sale. I hate being down the front but I was actually on row B and slightly to the right of centre of the goal.

If anyone behind had asked me to sit I would have done so, provided those in front of me did the same. Nobody asked me to sit so I stood and had a very good view of our second goal. Lovely. 74, I think you may have been stood behind me and about four or five seats to my left. Were you wearing a woolly hat on top of what turned out to be a smooth looking bonce?
Unfortunately, I can't see that happening. Good that you're aware of blocking other people's view, but a lot of people aren't, so I think we're stuck with it. No, mate; no hat, but still hair for now, so that wasn't me.
(01-13-2020, 04:32 PM)74bus Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 03:31 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I prefer to stand at games both home and away. To that end my HST is to the rear of the Smethwick End. For away games I generally buy tickets towards the back and centre so as not to block the view of those who wish to sit. I prefer being towards the back as I feel it gives a better perspective of the pitch and team shape as a whole.

Unfortunately, I can't see that happening. Good that you're aware of blocking other people's view, but a lot of people aren't, so I think we're stuck with it. No, mate; no hat, but still hair for now, so that wasn't me.

Fair do's, I only asked as there was a bit of an altercation over that side near me and my lad. Got the impression it was due to blokes not being in their allocated spots. Must admit that does irritate me. Regards view blocking I was once asked to sit at an away day by a bloke behind. I offered to swap seats which the chap agreed to, but I would have sat down otherwise. It's not all about self and I acknowledge others may have other issues health wise etc.