What went wrong this week, Dean?
(01-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: "We are so fucked up, I signed Danny Drinkwater from Chelsea."

He's played 61 minutes of Premier league football in the last 24 months

Christ that’s desperate.

Really is one of those signings that you look back on in the aftermath of your doomed campaign and wonder why you ever thought he was the answer.

Bet they’re paying a fair whack of his £110k a week wages too.
Anyone remember the TV advert for a soap powder, where the team blamed the shirts?
(01-12-2020, 07:26 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Anyone remember the TV advert for a soap powder, where the team blamed the shirts?

Man United losing at Southampton and Fergie blaming their grey shirts?
Apparently Villa are going to buy players who are going to aspire to be like Man City, so they're signing some 6 year olds???
“The players that scored for them today, cost more than my whole team.”

Yours truly

Gammon

Edit: After a quick google, Man City’s scorers cost £122 million.
(01-12-2020, 10:53 PM)Biglad Wrote: “The players that scored for them today, cost more than my whole team.”

Yours truly

Gammon

In fairness to him, their match day squad today cost about £120m, so he’s not wrong... you’d have to count the other £90m not in their side to make him look particularly stupid....
(01-12-2020, 11:07 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 10:53 PM)Biglad Wrote: “The players that scored for them today, cost more than my whole team.”

Yours truly

Gammon

In fairness to him, their match day squad today cost about £120m, so he’s not wrong... you’d have to count the other £90m not in their side to make him look particularly stupid....

Whilst he is technically correct, dont forget that Greaseball cost zero, and they think he is worth £80M.
Foden done more in 10 mins than eddie Munster did in 90 mins

Yours truly

Gammon

Spot on. I got to admit I didn't think Auld Gammon Yed would manage to say anything that might add to his CV of excuses. Then he slipped that one in, "The players that scored for them today cost more than my team". It's a beauty, Dean. Straight from the Pulis textbook.  You don't get much for 130 million mate, if you don't know what you are doing.
 I thought you managed the biggest club in the universe, don't break my heart telling me villa aren't big enough to compete with Manchester's 2nd biggest club.
(01-07-2020, 04:33 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 01:52 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: "We are so fucked up, I signed Danny Drinkwater from Chelsea."

He's played 61 minutes of Premier league football in the last 24 months

Christ that’s desperate.

Really is one of those signings that you look back on in the aftermath of your doomed campaign and wonder why you ever thought he was the answer.

Bet they’re paying a fair whack of his £110k a week wages too.

Arf!