Ratings....
Much improved on the last couple of games thankfully, as anything reminiscent of the Barnsley and Boro no shows would have seen us well and truly beaten.

Our passing still lacks the crispness we had earlier in the season, and Sawyers’lack off form coupled with our one dimensional play through Periera due to Diangana being injured is really noticeable. Grady is so often our out ball to change defence into attack quickly and the sooner he’s back, the sooner I think both Periera and Sawyers will contribute again.

Johnstone - 7 - couple hairy moments, and one good save.

Furlong - 7 - steady, better defensively today, coped well with their wingbacks
Bartley - 8 - a beast, lost count of how many headers he won
Ajayi - 7.5 - far better alongside Bartley 
Gibbs - 6 - unlucky to go off injured 
Townsend - 6.5 - not sure why he’s become the Brummie road boo-boy. He’s capable backup and that’s it.

Sawyers 6.5 - struggled against their midfield - Phillips was excellent in their engine room
Livermore - 8.5 - captains performance, no idea where his energy has suddenly come from!

Periera - 8 - tenacious but doubled up on again, we need Diangana back in
Krovinovic - 6.5 - better out wide than through the middle, but so slow and lightweight
Phillips - 7 - better performance than recent games, should have buried his chance on HT

HRK - 6 - lacked service, but won a couple of good free kicks, typically battling performance up top

Edwards - 7 bright cameo, was exactly the direct threat we needed... one excellent save from winning the game
Zohore - 5 no time

Slav - 7 - injected some energy into them after a couple dire performances. Made sensible subs, could understand Zohore instead of Austin as Leeds were already pushing forward. Hampered by the early Gibbs injury when we could really have done with 3 subs late on.

Was very impressed with how Leeds moved the ball, how well they understood their roles in the system, and how they wore us down.
Watched the goals back when I got home, Horizontal Sawyers allowing that cross to come in for their equalizer was piss poor, also when Bamford shot at Johnson’s legs and should have pulled the ball back for a tap in, Sawyers again failed to track his man who would have scored from 6 yards out

Lovely player with the ball but fuck me he could so so much more without it

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(01-01-2020, 09:34 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Much improved on the last couple of games thankfully, as anything reminiscent of the Barnsley and Boro no shows would have seen us well and truly beaten.

Our passing still lacks the crispness we had earlier in the season, and Sawyers’lack off form coupled with our one dimensional play through Periera due to Diangana being injured is really noticeable. Grady is so often our out ball to change defence into attack quickly and the sooner he’s back, the sooner I think both Periera and Sawyers will contribute again.

Townsend - 6.5 - not sure why he’s become the Brummie road boo-boy. He’s capable backup and that’s it.

Sawyers 6.5 - struggled against their midfield - Phillips was excellent in their engine room
Livermore - 8.5 - captains performance, no idea where his energy has suddenly come from!

Krovinovic - 6.5 - better out wide than through the middle, but so slow and lightweight
Phillips - 7 - better performance than recent games, should have buried his chance on HT

HRK - 6 - lacked service, but won a couple of good free kicks, typically battling performance up top

Edwards - 7 bright cameo, was exactly the direct threat we needed... one excellent save from winning the game
Zohore - 5 no time

Slav - 7 - injected some energy into them after a couple dire performances. Made sensible subs, could understand Zohore instead of Austin as Leeds were already pushing forward. Hampered by the early Gibbs injury when we could really have done with 3 subs late on.

Was very impressed with how Leeds moved the ball, how well they understood their roles in the system, and how they wore us down.

Bartley a 9 for me and MOTM. Won everything, directed everyone.

Krov 5.5 very lightweight. He possibly needs to beef up, except he's slow enough as it is.
(01-02-2020, 01:24 AM)Squid Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 09:34 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Much improved on the last couple of games thankfully, as anything reminiscent of the Barnsley and Boro no shows would have seen us well and truly beaten.

Zohore - 5 no time

Bartley a 9 for me and MOTM. Won everything, directed everyone.

Krov 5.5 very lightweight. He possibly needs to beef up, except he's slow enough as it is.

I am really not sure what happened to Krov; he started the season well enough but now loses possession too frequently.
(01-02-2020, 06:20 AM)westbromjack Wrote: I am really not sure what happened to Krov; he started the season well enough but now loses possession too frequently.

Difference between him and Diangana and Pereira is that they play a first time ball, or, can beat a man with a bit of pace. Krov isn't fast enough for that and takes an extra touch. He needs to ping it first time. He's good enough for that.
(01-02-2020, 08:32 AM)billybassett Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 06:20 AM)westbromjack Wrote: I am really not sure what happened to Krov; he started the season well enough but now loses possession too frequently.

Difference between him and Diangana and Pereira is that they play a first time ball, or, can beat a man with a bit of pace. Krov isn't fast enough for that and takes an extra touch. He needs to ping it first time. He's good enough for that.

Krov was dispossessed three or four times after taking an extra touch yesterday.  he also made thie mistake of turning into the player rather than away from him and that let them nick the ball away.  He's neat but as has been said simply takes a touch too much IMO.
(01-01-2020, 09:34 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Townsend - 6.5 - not sure why he’s become the Brummie road boo-boy. He’s capable backup and that’s it.

I thought he had a very good game yesterday. Kept Costa quiet and made some good interventions when we were under the cosh in the second half. He's not Prem standard so expect him to be released if we got promoted, but he's rarely let us down when called upon.

Strange game yesterday. Thought we played our best for a few weeks but despite that, Leeds looked better, so I was very surprised at the end of the game to see that we'd had far more shots on target than them. Indeed, looking back, we fashioned 2 excellent chances to score but denied by the excellent Casillas each time. I'm expecting we'll play a second XI in the Cup this weekend. Let's hope weary legs and aching bodies recover before the league action resumes and we see our spark return.

Also Pereira and Diangana are strong enough to hold onto the ball. Krov gets brushed off the ball too easily.
(01-02-2020, 01:58 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Also Pereira and Diangana are strong enough to hold onto the ball. Krov gets brushed off the ball too easily.

Is this because Krov has had a bad injury? I'm wondering if this causes him to shy away from tackles somewhat.