9 points
(01-02-2020, 12:42 PM)Fido Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:45 AM)Squid Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:25 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:16 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 10:39 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I thought Johnstone did ok today. I wouldn't blame him for the goal, and a couple of regulation stops. The whole defence looks better when Bartley is there to organise it.

Looked like he would have got the header, had it not then bounced oddly off Semi's shoulder...

Watching the highlights this morning, we really didn't get the rub of the green and their keeper made some wonderful stops. 

Bamford's connection wasn't clean and I don't think it'd have troubled Johnstone had it not taken that nick.

We were the better team. Shocking miss by Matty Phillips aside.

Not sure I agree with that. It was almost as if we'd accepted they were the better team and were using tactics to try and counteract that.

Well I'd say Slaven had seen Leeds recent games and how they've scored the majority on a quick break through the lines. He sat us deep and nullified any threat like that hence why they had only one real shot on target the whole game. We broke a few times and could have scored - with Diangana I think we'd have won.
(01-02-2020, 11:16 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 10:39 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I thought Johnstone did ok today. I wouldn't blame him for the goal, and a couple of regulation stops. The whole defence looks better when Bartley is there to organise it.

Looked like he would have got the header, had it not then bounced oddly off Semi's shoulder...

Watching the highlights this morning, we really didn't get the rub of the green and their keeper made some wonderful stops. 

Bamford's connection wasn't clean and I don't think it'd have troubled Johnstone had it not taken that nick.

Not sure I agree with that. It was almost as if we'd accepted they were the better team and were using tactics to try and counteract that.

I thought that. I certainly felt it was the first time this season we'd gone into a game with the sole intention of nullifying the opposition rather than us going at them. Even after the great start we didn't go at them. We very much tried to contain them and hit on the break but those breaks were few and far between.

That said we had a stone wall penalty at 1-0 and I said at the time the Phillips missed chance would be a game changer. Go in at 2 up and we win the game imo.

All in all a decent point and a better performance.
(01-02-2020, 01:19 PM)billybassett Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 11:16 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Looked like he would have got the header, had it not then bounced oddly off Semi's shoulder...

Well I'd say Slaven had seen Leeds recent games and how they've scored the majority on a quick break through the lines. He sat us deep and nullified any threat like that hence why they had only one real shot on target the whole game. We broke a few times and could have scored - with Diangana I think we'd have won.

I thought we played them as we did last season at home when we won 4-1. Sit deep and hit them on the break. Then we had the likes of Barnes, J Rod and Gayle though so were more clinical.
(01-02-2020, 12:29 PM)Three Degrees Wrote: Talking of there keeper and i know its been discussed on here recently , but how much longer are the FAgoing to take over the allegedly racist comments he made against Leko and would it involve the police .If it was Joe Public it would have been sorted by now .

From the discussions around me yesterday I heard that his hearing in 31st Jan. The benefit of that to us is that if he does pick up a ban then they won't have time to get a replacement in.
(01-02-2020, 01:34 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(01-02-2020, 12:29 PM)Three Degrees Wrote: Talking of there keeper and i know its been discussed on here recently , but how much longer are the FAgoing to take over the allegedly racist comments he made against Leko and would it involve the police .If it was Joe Public it would have been sorted by now .

From the discussions around me yesterday I heard that his hearing in 31st Jan. The benefit of that to us is that if he does pick up a ban then they won't have time to get a replacement in.

Interesting. Not sure a decent replacement would sign earlier, if there wasn't the possibility of game time.
(01-01-2020, 09:26 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 09:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote: If Ferguson is orf we need a new keeper left back and left winger.

Johnstone was shocking today - ffs get a decent keeper. Nightmare. 

Gibbs is fugged.

Diangana gone by looks of things. 

Plus Sawyers is a liability.

And do we have anyone who can score a goal? 

Over to you Luke/Slaven.

Bell end.

Well argued and happy new year!

Johnstone was shocking last night and nearly cost us (with his arsing about) like he did against Boro (responsible/at fault for both goals - FACT).  He has cost us a lot of goals due to wrong decisions in playing the ball out and being transfixed to his line instead of commanding the 6 yr box (Ayala 2 yds out), never mind the penalty area. 

IF Ferguson goes we need left back cover as he has almost exclusively covered Gibbs persistent injuries this season and there's no sign of Gibbs overcoming these injuries - broken down twice now from his last injury  (only 10 starts this season and only 5 since August). We can't be left to rely on Townsend who simply isn't good enough in my opinion at top of Championship level. 

IF Diangana is recalled we need a left winger - no?  Edwards isn't consistently good enough.   Hope Diang stays but West Ham have a tough run-in and injuries could cost them.  They have nothing really to lose in recalling him.

Sawyers has become a liability recently, giving the ball away in dangerous areas and getting caught in possession far too often. This can be overcome if he 'wakes-up' to what's happening in games -  improves his self-awareness and releases the ball quicker to someone in a striped shirt.  Lost his way of late/been found out and needs to react/adapt.   

We could really do with a goal-scorer/poacher, yes the whole squad have contributed magnificently this season but we could do with someone that will make a difference when push comes to shove like last night.

(01-01-2020, 11:41 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 09:24 PM)Hopalong Wrote: If Ferguson is orf we need a new keeper left back and left winger.

Johnstone was shocking today - ffs get a decent keeper. Nightmare. 

Gibbs is fugged.

Diangana gone by looks of things. 

Plus Sawyers is a liability.

And do we have anyone who can score a goal? 

Over to you Luke/Slaven.

Moron

HNY MT! Heart
On balance though, I think we will have just enough to avoid relegation  Big Grin
Josh and athers sitting on a tree .