Diangana v Barnes
With it seeming likely to most of us that our loan star will be going back to the smoke, just wondering who of him and Barnes made the greatest impact on us? 
Genuinely can’t answer this myself.
(12-29-2019, 10:42 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: With it seeming likely to most of us that our loan star will be going back to the smoke, just wondering who of him and Barnes made the greatest impact on us? 

Barnes easily, more goals and assists.
(12-29-2019, 10:42 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: With it seeming likely to most of us that our loan star will be going back to the smoke, just wondering who of him and Barnes made the greatest impact on us? 

Barnes.  He was at the centre of everything for us, the equivalent of Pereira.

Whilst Diangan is a very good player we don’t rely on him as much.  We’re more of a team than a bunch of individuals this season.  Will still be missed and very, very difficult to replace.
(12-29-2019, 10:46 AM)Hopalong Wrote:

Barnes easily, more goals and assists.

We relied on Barnes much more than we do on Grady.
Where does it say he's going back? I've not heard anything.
A very good question? Both brilliant players, both made huge contributions. It's Barnes for me simply because we were shocked at how good he was, where Dian we sort of expected it IMHO
For me it’s the combination of Diangana and Pereira which is more potent, because they are two utter handfuls for the opposition to deal with, whereas with Barnes the opposition only had him to really worry about. Keep Barnes quiet and we lost our creativity altogether. No Diangana and there’s still Pereira.
People said after his first game that he would be going back.

West Ham don't have a manager yet, so no one has any clue whether he's going or not.

But Barnes
(12-29-2019, 11:22 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: For me it’s the combination of Diangana and Pereira which is more potent, because they are two utter handfuls for the opposition to deal with, whereas with Barnes the opposition only had him to really worry about. Keep Barnes quiet and we lost our creativity altogether.  No Diangana and there’s still Pereira.

Although after Barnes left our points and goal per game average remained virtually the same, and that with the double loss of Phillips too.
I think most of us are expecting to lose Diangana- after all, why wouldn’t they recall him when he’s done so well and he can add to their drive to safety.
I really don’t think West Ham will be anywhere near the bottom soon enough.
I hope I’m proven wrong and Diangana stays, but let’s see.