Peter Pan at the Rep hijacked!
It's been an annual thing for our family to go to the Rep at Xmas for a few years, but FFS what I witnessed today going to Peter Pan was bewildering. 
They managed to make it into an adaptation for a load of foster kids in a rundown part of Brum complete with a Tinkerbell with anger management issues.
Totally stripped of it's magic, it was nearer to an episode of Eastenders. 
There were folks in their 70s and more looking with bewilderment as they had rap music and, of course, a female played Hook, even though it wasn't a panto. Sorry, maybe. it wasn't a female and instead someone undergoing gender transformation!
Anyway, I heard a women in her 60s behind us say to her husband: "This is shit." Equally, there were a lot of unimpressed expressions. 
We buggered off at the interval, and plenty others did too.
Without trying to get too political,  I just wonder what the hell is going on in society when one of the major festive productions in the second city is turned into this!
However, as someone white, middle aged,  I guess I don't have a voice anymore, despite  the vast majority in the audience being as lacking in ethnic diversity as me too.
I'm tolerant, as much as most are, voted to stay in the EU, have mates from backgrounds a million miles from me, but just feel everything is being hijacked by a tiny minority peddling an agenda. 
What's amazed me more is there doesn't seem to be forums on the web inviting debate on this production and it's had favourable reviews from the so-called critics.
Apologies to air this on this on here, but as most of us live around Brum I'm just intrigued to see who else has seen this and their thoughts?
As my son said: "That was worse than being 3-0 down at half-time under Pulis."
Remember your rant on the Rugby WC and how you generalised those that watched it?

I’m glad you had a shit time. Smile
I hated pantomimes as a kid so it would never have entered into the equation to take mine to one. Fortunately both sets of grandparents have taken my kids and they didn’t enjoy it either time.
(12-28-2019, 08:53 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Remember your rant on the Rugby WC and how you generalised those that watched it?

Fair play Dumbo. 10 points for the reply! I hate to disappoint but I had a nice time in Pizza Express after.
(12-28-2019, 08:56 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 08:53 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Remember your rant on the Rugby WC and how you generalised those that watched it?

Fair play Dumbo. 10 points for the reply! I hate to disappoint but I had a nice time in Pizza Express after.
Vegan pizza?  Big Grin
(12-28-2019, 08:56 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Such a nice time that I expect you'll remember it in intricate detail in 19 years time .

Yours

Prince Andrew
(12-28-2019, 08:49 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm tolerant, as much as most are, voted to stay in the EU

ARF
(12-28-2019, 10:01 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 08:49 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm tolerant, as much as most are, voted to stay in the EU

ARF

I’m left wing with extreme right wing tendencies!
I used to be obsessed with Panto,but that’s all behind me.
(12-28-2019, 10:16 PM)HugeHons Wrote: I used to be obsessed with Panto,but that’s all behind me.

Oh no it isn't