Shit, shit, shit day
(12-28-2019, 09:00 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: We have to put our dog to sleep today, I appreciate there are people on here with family in poor health, but Archie is our family, shit day.

Sorry to hear that. We had to do the same with our 14 yo Dalmatian earlier in the year, hit me much harder than I ever imagined.
Sorry to hear that mate, I know just how you feel, I lost my own dog January 3rd this year, a real shit start to the new year.
Sorry to hear that mate, dogs are the absolute best and take some joy out of the life you gave it. All the best
They are indeed family. We've nearly lost our little border terrier a couple of times after he's gone off in pursuit of deer, squirrels, pots of fox shit at the end of a rainbow, which gives an albeit momentary glimpse of what it might feel like not to get them back, makes you empty inside. Really feel for you, chap.
(12-28-2019, 10:21 AM)Fido Wrote: They are indeed family. We've nearly lost our little border terrier a couple of times after he's gone off in pursuit of deer, squirrels, pots of fox shit at the end of a rainbow, which gives an albeit momentary glimpse of what it might feel like not to get them back, makes you empty inside. Really feel for you, chap.

Sure with a user name like Fido you’d have an opinion on this thread!
(12-28-2019, 09:00 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: We have to put our dog to sleep today, I appreciate there are people on here with family in poor health, but Archie is our family, shit day.

Sorry to hear that Cornish.

Mine has been ill will pancreatitis for the last couple of weeks and collapsed on Boxing Day. I was convinced he was a goner, but he seems to be pulling through for now. He’s 14 however so only a matter of time and it’ll break me when he goes.

If you’re feeling remotely how I was feeling all of Boxing Day night my thoughts are with you!
Feel for you mate. Lost our Border Terrier in September. I was heartbroken.
Time does heal, but I still fill up when I'm reminded of her.
Sorry for your loss Cornish, they really are part of the family.
They are indeed part of the family , i had a staffie many years ago and she would run through a brick wall to protect us which some scumbag found out when trying to break in , it was one the hardest decisions of my life when it came to putting her down .I never had another one so i couldn't say wheather thats the best thing to do or not but they really are a mans best friend , Hope all of you get over you sadness soon mate .
Sorry mate, we all know the loss of a devoted family pet leaves us hurt, empty and lost for a while. I lost my black lab last year, hurts more then a human loss. What a fantastic dog she was a real family member. I have a new dog now a Braque St Germain. She's as daft as a brush, full of energy, fine looker, but she is dense. Or she doesn't understand English.
Sorry to hear about this cornish I lost 2 cats in a year ......people saying they are only cats but they are part of the family.

Just had terrible news my best mates mrs and my mrs best mate has just had news that she has stage 2 breast cancer just feel hopeless for the family