MPs not re-elected
There's an easy remedy; often discussed and continually deflected. If we must have a two-chamber system of government, then both should be 100% elected. I'd have thought this would be a priority for the ERG, what with them being so obsessed with the interference of supposedly unelected bodies in our democratic and legislative processes.

Newly deposed MPs being offered life peerages and continuing with their front bench positions is as flagrant a two fingers to democracy as you're likely to see. It's only a few weeks since Nicky Morgan was saying that she couldn't commit to another 5 years, but is now apparently available for life.
(12-18-2019, 09:23 AM)strawman Wrote:
(12-18-2019, 08:44 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You don’t need to be re-elected now, you can just be moved to the Lords as lifetime peers and still be in the cabinet. Amber Rudd and Goldstein have just done just that and guess who had just lost their seat but is best friends with Johnson’s current partner? Nothing like accountability and getting our sovereignty back is there Brexiteers... oh and this really is nothing like it.

They're a bit late in the game

"On 6 September 2016, she was created a life peer as Baroness Chakrabarti, of Kennington in the London Borough of Lambeth.[42]
She was appointed in October 2016 to the Shadow Cabinet of Jeremy Corbyn as Shadow Attorney General for England and Wales."

You should try some balance sometime instead of your continued bigoted pointing out of the crap on only one side. Your actions may just make people think that you are a supporter of momentum and Labour, despite your protestations that you aren't

Why do I have to be balanced? I’m not the BBC if you want to add balance then do as you have and add some. You can do that without the insults without provocation or evidence. 

The point still stands getting a place in the cabinet or shadow cabinet without direct accountability is I thought exactly what Brexiteers were against and Brexit was going to sort out. ‘Drain the swamp’ as another dodgy populist movement would say.

As for the other comments link me to one post supportive of Momentum or Corbyn, old chap Wink
"Seedy lists of party apparatchiks appointed by power hungry party leaders & insulated from any democratic pressure for 15 yrs? No thanks..."

Zac Goldsmith's view of the EU, July 2012.