Ferguson....
That block in the second half was top draw the awareness he has for a 18 year old is years ahead than he should be .... England player in years to come when he moves to a top club
(12-03-2019, 10:13 PM)Baggie_11 Wrote: This was to be done during the summer but we let it slip and now having to offer a very lucrative contract to get him to sign. Not the best piece of business

Don`t really think anyone expected him to come in and do so well. A different coach to Slaven would probably have sent him on loan to Macclesfield or wherever.
My problem with all this speculation is if he doesnt sign fpr us do we keep playing him ?
(12-03-2019, 10:13 PM)Baggie_11 Wrote: This was to be done during the summer but we let it slip and now having to offer a very lucrative contract to get him to sign. Not the best piece of business

Nice problem to have  though, in its way.
(12-03-2019, 12:10 PM)Cuzer Wrote: ....as each game passes his stock rises higher. I did hear his agent was playing silly buggers a while back but you can only imagine our 5 year contract offer we made back in September is woefully inadequate now as he's established himself as number one choice at full back and looks one of the best players in the division in his position

Clearly settled here and in the area, let's hope we can find some common ground and get something signed in the next few weeks as the January distraction if he's still on his existing contract will be no good for him and definitely not the team

Cuzer

We need to keep him at the club at all costs.
(12-04-2019, 11:53 AM)Albionbaggie2019 Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 12:10 PM)Cuzer Wrote: ....as each game passes his stock rises higher. I did hear his agent was playing silly buggers a while back but you can only imagine our 5 year contract offer we made back in September is woefully inadequate now as he's established himself as number one choice at full back and looks one of the best players in the division in his position

Clearly settled here and in the area, let's hope we can find some common ground and get something signed in the next few weeks as the January distraction if he's still on his existing contract will be no good for him and definitely not the team

Cuzer

We need to keep him at the club at all costs.

All costs? Really?

Including blowing the January Transfer Budget? Making him the highest paid player? Destabilising team morale - Player X :"why is a 19 year old who's played a dozen senior games in his career earning more than me?"

It's never just straight forward
I would pay him £1/2 million to sign a new contract and £20k a week if he is playing £10k if he is not. Or sell him, I certainly wouldn't break the bank to keep him. we do have 4 good full backs atm. If he wants to seek his fortune elsewhere good luck to him.
Yep, but hindsight is wonderful. No one could have foreseen just how effective he'd be. Look at all the things that's gone right to put it i perspective.