Perfect Sunday
(11-11-2019, 07:32 AM)oldun Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 04:02 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Full English at the Lost gardens of Heligan followed by a lovely remembrance service there and then a long walk with the dog on Carlyon bay beach ( sorry Baggiebloke  Big Grin ) in stunning Autumn sunshine.

We went to the Lost Gardens a few years ago when it was in it's early days, funnily enough we were only tslking yesterday about going back, it must be superb by now?

try and go when the azaeleas are in bloom - I'm no horticulturist but I was impressed - got half way through the book but found it a bit too tedious tbh - great place to visit with kids
(11-11-2019, 08:27 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 09:25 PM)Arti Wrote: Didn't realise you were near Carlyon Bay.  Ex-work colleague of mine moved there a little while ago to open a restaurant.  Edie's Kitchen on Beach Road.

Wasn't that the place that was broken into twice just after they opened it ?

(11-11-2019, 07:32 AM)oldun Wrote:
(11-10-2019, 04:02 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: Full English at the Lost gardens of Heligan followed by a lovely remembrance service there and then a long walk with the dog on Carlyon bay beach ( sorry Baggiebloke  Big Grin ) in stunning Autumn sunshine.

We went to the Lost Gardens a few years ago when it was in it's early days, funnily enough we were only tslking yesterday about going back, it must be superb by now?

It really is superb, next year will be 30 years of restoration.

Sounds like a good time to go, thanks for the info.