Team for Stoke?
Willock has to be involved,offers something different to the predictable Zohore and Austin
(11-02-2019, 07:33 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Willock has to be involved,offers something different to the predictable Zohore and Austin

He isn’t a striker Stratford. Willock is in competition with the three players behind the Number 9.
FAO DK

Do you see Stoke making many changes now the manager gone? Diamond ditched? No doubt Butland will be back & play a blinder.

Guess it will be Stokes remembrance game which should create the usual McClean controversy.
I would tweak the system a little, push Ajayi forward a little.
                                      Johnson,
               Furlong, Bartley, Hegazi, Townsend/Gibbs
                                 Ajayi, Livermore,
                                        Sawyers,
                                Phillips, Pereira,
                                         Zohore.
  Grady to replace Phillips early 2nd half when Matty starts blowing.
(11-03-2019, 10:44 AM)Wednesburybaggie Wrote: I would tweak the system a little, push Ajayi forward a little.
                                      Johnson,
               Furlong, Bartley, Hegazi, Townsend/Gibbs
                                 Ajayi, Livermore,
                                        Sawyers,
                                Phillips, Pereira,
                                         Zohore.
  Grady to replace Phillips early 2nd half when Matty starts blowing.

If grady is fit he should be starting every game.
Johnstone

Furlong         Ajayi           Hegazi            Townsend

Livermore     Sawyers

Phillips                Pereira                         Diangana

Zohore

Subs: Bond, Bartley, Fitzwater, Krovinovic, Brunt, Edwards, Robson-Kanu.
(11-03-2019, 10:08 AM)B36baggie Wrote: FAO DK

Do you see Stoke making many changes now the manager gone? Diamond ditched? No doubt Butland will be back & play a blinder.

Guess it will be Stokes remembrance game which should create the usual McClean controversy.

It's a voyage into the unknown really B36. 

Given your goal output and our less than watertight defence I'd imagine it'll be something like a good old fashioned fairly cautious 4-5-1 with McClean (or maybe Clucas) and Ince playing as standard(ish) wingers. 

The diamond was a Jones thing and we didn't have the players to play it properly anyway, so I'm confident that'll be consigned to the nearby incinerator. A full time new manager will probably bring Butland back in, but I'd keep the butter-fingered one on the sidelines for a bit longer yet.

All this is total guesswork on my part. I really haven't got a clue how we'll play it. I'm hoping without too much confidence that those in charge do.

And yes, the club have confirmed that this will be the Remembrance Day commemoration game.
Dont mind too much on the line-up. It might time to rest one or two, not sure.

Just don't START with HRK. That's all I ask. Bring him on, by all means, but only in the 65th minute....
(11-03-2019, 11:30 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Given your goal output and our less than watertight defence I'd imagine it'll be something like a good old fashioned fairly cautious 4-5-1 with McClean (or maybe Clucas) and Ince playing as standard(ish) wingers. 

The diamond was a Jones thing and we didn't have the players to play it properly anyway, so I'm confident that'll be consigned to the nearby incinerator. A full time new manager will probably bring Butland back in, but I'd keep the butter-fingered one on the sidelines for a bit longer yet.

All this is total guesswork on my part. I really haven't got a clue how we'll play it. I'm hoping without too much confidence that those in charge do.

And yes, the club have confirmed that this will be the Remembrance Day commemoration game.

Cheers for that pal, I am not overly confident, Vokes & ince in particular have done well against us in the past. 

Can see McClean being super hyped up then, which usually works against him.
(11-03-2019, 01:48 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 11:30 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

Cheers for that pal, I am not overly confident, Vokes & ince in particular have done well against us in the past. 

Can see McClean being super hyped up then, which usually works against him.

Aye, I'd rather we do without McClean for this one for all manner of obvious reasons, not least that I think your players would (rightly) wind him up to the point where an early substitution would be needed (at best).

Vokes might get on at some point, but Gregory's one of a very small band of players that our supporters actually like. He's been OK lately, no more, no less, so I'd expect him to get the nod.

With any luck we might have Etebo back, so you can be mesmerised as we are by his dribbling skills even if there's nowt at the end of it. That's me being vaguely negative. We all love him. 

Pay no attention to any of this. It's just me talking gibberish out loud. Again, I really have no clue what we'll do.