foreign payments
It's a bit late to get a new card - look at the credit/debit cards you have and check the foreign transaction processing fees.
ta chaps, muchly appreciated
Anyway - have a great time!
(11-01-2019, 02:07 PM)baggiebloke Wrote: Anyway - have a great time!

bloody well will, cheers Baggiebloke
Revolut card is great for travel abroad.

Always perfect exchange rate but also you can swoop your currency (and switch of the GBP account) before heading out and therefore you've got a Euro / USD card with you.

No foreign transaction fees and GBP250 withdrawal without fees.

Have saved loads in the last couple of years with one.
I'd always say never let the local whatever do the conversion, it's very rare that you won't lose out. Always found that if you don't have the local currency then a low rate Credit Card is best...But check in case there is a per transaction fee on top of percentages etc...

Personally I always take a low rate credit card and then take out local currency, and make sure not to let them do the conversion. Although if you go to some places, Morocco for example, then you are best taking GBP and changing it when you get there.

So it all depends on where you are going really!
Re: OP. Last summer in Spain was the first time I encountered that option. The message on the screens gave me the impression that the transaction would go to my bank in GBP rather than EUR, so I selected that option hoping to avoid conversion charges in UK. However, when I checked my account on returning home, it looked to e as if !'d still been charged by my own bank. Very annoying but I couldn't be bothered to chase it up because the charges amounted to a total of a couple of quid all in all.