Rugby World Cup
2003 England Men & Women Rugby
(09-20-2019, 03:04 PM)fbaggy Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:57 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Has any nation ever held two world cups at the same time? Regardless of how irrelevant some folk see whatever sports they may be.

Yes the USA in every sport they invented

Am pretty sure they have actually only invented basketball.
A completely pointless tournament until you get to the semi-finals. Only a handful of decent sides in the world, so not really much better than the Americans when they claim they are world champions and they don't let anyone else play.
(09-20-2019, 09:05 PM)spudgun Wrote: A completely pointless tournament until you get to the semi-finals. Only a handful of decent sides in the world, so not really much better than the Americans when they claim they are world champions and they don't let anyone else play.

Not a huge Rugby Union fan, but that’s bollox.

England
New Zealand
Australia 
S.Africa
Wales
Ireland 

All good teams.
Not enough to stretch to an entirely competitive set of fixtures at the quarter final stage though.
(09-20-2019, 09:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:05 PM)spudgun Wrote: A completely pointless tournament until you get to the semi-finals. Only a handful of decent sides in the world, so not really much better than the Americans when they claim they are world champions and they don't let anyone else play.

England
New Zealand
Australia 
S.Africa
Wales
Ireland 

All good teams.

France not too shabby either!

I struggle to see past NZ for the trophy again.
(09-21-2019, 07:30 AM)baggpuss Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:14 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

England
New Zealand
Australia 
S.Africa
Wales
Ireland 

All good teams.

France not too shabby either!

I struggle to see past NZ for the trophy again.
Great to see that 3 home nations serious contenders.
I love football...well, Albion any road.
But international rugby's a great watch.

A completely pointless tournament .... which only the Big Two can win....
Now what does that remind me of?
Pot, kettle..
(09-20-2019, 12:27 PM)Mr vertical Wrote: SA v NZ final for me. Me onions say SA to shade it.. based on them getting some momentum up. Just a feelin.

England and Wales the losing semi finalists. I'd like Ireland to do well but cor see it.

Wish I'd taken a punt now. I think they were 14s when I posted this too. Not far away with the last 4 either. Pfft.