This weird division and us
(10-29-2019, 09:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:16 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:02 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Big mistake to make any predictions for the season even at this stage.

Very few would have predicted after 15 games last season, that Norwich and Sheff Utd would get the automatic promotion spots .

It will be those clubs in contention who can regularly field their best 18 man matchday squads who will win out.
I hear what you are saying mate but to me we are 20% above the rest overall in terms of quality and this will play out over the season. May be in a slightly bumpy fashion, but it will.

Even if the 20% assertion is right, that advantage can be wiped out by a couple of long term injuries here or a loan recall there.

If we can keep key players injury free throughout the season, if we can keep the squad together and maybe prudently add through the January window, and if we can maintain form over the whole season, then we do have the capability to get automatic promotion.

But it's a long old haul the championship season.

Semper Te Fallant

An optimist would say a side with 10 new players or whatever, a new manager and coaching set up, with plenty of goals in them and 2 excellent defenders yet to really play can only get better. And given we are sat top and could easily have a larger cushion than we do, there is every argument that we will win the league and win it well.

We also seem to be one of very few clubs with any £ ammo available in Jan.
(10-29-2019, 09:51 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:42 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:16 AM)HeathAyIt Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 09:02 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Big mistake to make any predictions for the season even at this stage.

Very few would have predicted after 15 games last season, that Norwich and Sheff Utd would get the automatic promotion spots .

It will be those clubs in contention who can regularly field their best 18 man matchday squads who will win out.
I hear what you are saying mate but to me we are 20% above the rest overall in terms of quality and this will play out over the season. May be in a slightly bumpy fashion, but it will.

Even if the 20% assertion is right, that advantage can be wiped out by a couple of long term injuries here or a loan recall there.

If we can keep key players injury free throughout the season, if we can keep the squad together and maybe prudently add through the January window, and if we can maintain form over the whole season, then we do have the capability to get automatic promotion.

But it's a long old haul the championship season.

Semper Te Fallant

An optimist would say a side with 10 new players or whatever, a new manager and coaching set up, with plenty of goals in them and 2 excellent defenders yet to really play can only get better. And given we are sat top and could easily have a larger cushion than we do, there is every argument that we will win the league and win it well.

We also seem to be one of very clubs with any £ ammo available in Jan.

+1 Heath, that's how I see it.

Add to the fact we have money left in the kitty according to Dowling, and we look like we are in a very strong position.