Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vive La France
Do one islamophobes.
He better start getting things right cos the French have rejected the right and social democracy, Le Pen will rise again if Macron proves to be the Blairite he looks.
Another rejection of traditional parties and a victory for Populism....
Never mind ites and isms I feel in world politics we are fighting a battle against fear and hatred.

(05-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Another rejection of traditional parties and a victory for Populism....

Front National a traditional party then. Only joking.
(05-08-2017, 10:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Another rejection of traditional parties and a victory for Populism....

Is Macron a populist in the sense that we all understand?

It goes without saying that to win an election you have to be popular.

And let's not forget that Macron was a finance minister in Hollande's Govt, so you could be very cheeky and argue that this is a continuation Govt - by stealth.
(05-08-2017, 11:39 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote:

And let's not forget that Macron was a finance minister in Hollande's Govt, so you could be very cheeky and argue that this is a continuation Govt - by stealth.

Populist in the sense that neither traditional party was in either the run-off, nor won the Presidency.

However I don't think it's cheeky at all to call him the continuity candidate. What an awful choice for the French, as bad as the States.
(05-08-2017, 12:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Populist in the sense that neither traditional party was in either the run-off, nor won the Presidency.

However I don't think it's cheeky at all to call him the continuity candidate. What an awful choice for the French, as bad as the States.

Just like here then...

P.S. if you use an ellipsis it doesn't need a full stop on the end. Tsk tsk, that's the sound of da pedant police...
(05-08-2017, 12:15 PM)Zoltanger Wrote:
(05-08-2017, 12:04 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

Just like here then...

P.S. if you use an ellipsis it doesn't need a full stop on the end. Tsk tsk, that's the sound of da pedant police...

I don't know what an ellipsis is, they didn't teach it at my sink comp... Tongue
A fascist or a capitalist banker who can't wait to attack workers rights
No wonder 4.2 mill spoils and and 12 mill abstentions
Vive mon cul!
(05-08-2017, 02:46 PM)Donegal Wrote: A fascist or a capitalist banker who can't wait to attack workers rights
No wonder 4.2 mill spoils and and 12 mill abstentions
Vive mon cul!

But still a comfortably higher turnout than in any recent British General election.