IPTV
(09-19-2019, 12:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: If everyone just nicked content for film and sport the whole economy of those industries would collapse. At some point most of us will have done it but it’s pretty much theft and morally questionable.

Maybe, but I feel very little guilt. 

The monopoly of BT and Sky needs disrupting, and if it takes a little bit of low level crime to do so then so be it. Viva revolution!  Big Grin
Is there anything left after iptv?

Or have sky finally won?
(09-19-2019, 12:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: If everyone just nicked content for film and sport the whole economy of those industries would collapse. At some point most of us will have done it but it’s pretty much theft and morally questionable.

Give yourself a pat on the back .

(09-19-2019, 02:41 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: Is there anything left after iptv?

Or have sky finally won?

Will be back running within a week .
Its the system that controls about 90% of user accounts (about 50 million subscribers) that has been taken down and it allows providers to control subs and allocate streams.

Without that most IPTV providers are struggling, some wont use that service which will be ok, some that do will leave there streams running but won't be able to refresh them so they will eventually go blank.

That said there should be some solutions popping up soon enough

I don't think everybody would stop playing football...

or maybe they could reduce prices like music providers did. Record business and 'stars' were worse off, but they reconciled they'd only be ridiculously wealthy from now on as opposed to godlike wealthy.
(09-19-2019, 04:08 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:

or maybe they could reduce prices like music providers did. Record business and 'stars' were worse off, but they reconciled they'd only be ridiculously wealthy from now on as opposed to godlike wealthy.

The music industry adapted and found a way to monetise streaming and downloaded through Spotify and the likes. Similarly the film and tv industry has made similar moves into digital distribution and subscription formats which has made a dent in piracy. It’s much harder to do this with football as it is a live event and much harder to find an alternative to the existing models.
My IPTV subscription ran out a couple weeks ago, and have to say I’m in two minds about renewing it as there seems far more focus around it than ever before from the authorities. Also, with most services requiring a paypal or BACS transaction the traceability is certainly there.

Issue for me is that the greed of the PL means games are being distributed to more and more providers, with Amazon expected to join BT and Sky very soon and its just hitting fans. I don’t begrudge paying for viewing, but when US markets or Asian/Australian viewers can get a far better package for a fraction of the UK cost and we’re banned from buying access to these services it feels a pisstake, especially when the money is only benefitting a select group of clubs.
(09-19-2019, 04:17 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 04:08 PM)fuzzbox Wrote:

The music industry adapted and found a way to monetise streaming and downloaded through Spotify and the likes. Similarly the film and tv industry has made similar moves into digital distribution and subscription formats which has made a dent in piracy. It’s much harder to do this with football as it is a live event and much harder to find an alternative to the existing models.

Technically, they could already stream every match. They already record and stream most of them. After all, they resell them to foreign broadcasters and subscription services. In addition, boxing has live on-demand events which are very profitable. 

The problem is, in fact, easier than the industry shocks music and film suffered. This time the technology is already there and the market is proven. But do sky, fa, the football league and the govt. want to do it? It would be a radical change, involve more work and probably lead to less money.

Music and film waited until panic set in and they felt they had no choice. I would say the FA and sky are nowhere near that yet. But they will be...

As sw4 alludes to, the demand is there in the UK, but there is no legal alternative to meet the demand in this country. It actually encourages piracy. It's a bizarre approach.
quickly scanning through some news about yesterdays raid and im not so sure it will be the same ever again.

wont the authorities have a ton of imformation from the servers they seized?

i used to subscribe to sky and i found it fairly reasonable back in the day and very good at the end of a contract.

with bt getting involved the total price is way to high now and will only get worse when more companies are involved.
Just going to point out our gates would take a big hit in attendance if every match was on the tv legally. As would the ‘product’ Sky etc pay billions for. At the end of the day its no better than shoplifting.