Jon Walters
Put his ego above the national team at a WC. Twat.
Walters was an absolute wind-up merchant on the pitch, and he wasn't bothered one jot about reputations. He always seemed to target John Terry and the pair would usually end up squaring up to each other after Walters had done something to provoke Terry. 

He had loads of tactics to distract the opposition, like at corners when he'd drink half the opposition keeper's drink then squirt the rest onto the pitch. Or he'd pull his marker's hair just as a corner was being taken. 

You'd think someone like Keane would love a player with Walters' mentality in his team, but it appears not. I've not seen any of the interviews so I don't know what's been said, but I believe he refused to play for Keane on one occasion in order to force the move to Stoke. That tends to leave a bad taste I suppose. 

I'm not sure Walters practical jokes were always appreciated by team mates either. There was undoubtedly an 'all in this together' spirit at Stoke in those early Premier League days, but the pig's head incident (which I think was started by Walters) went too far and showed some of the cracks were appearing towards the end of Pulis' time at Stoke.

It's doubtful whether the holiday camp mentality would have been allowed to develop in our relegation season had he and Whelan still been there.
Keane once tried mouthing off at Big Dave and he wiped the floor with him.
(09-10-2019, 09:00 PM)Squid Wrote: Keane once tried mouthing off at Big Dave and he wiped the floor with him.

When was this?
(09-10-2019, 08:54 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Walters was an absolute wind-up merchant on the pitch, and he wasn't bothered one jot about reputations. He always seemed to target John Terry and the pair would usually end up squaring up to each other after Walters had done something to provoke Terry. 

He had loads of tactics to distract the opposition, like at corners when he'd drink half the opposition keeper's drink then squirt the rest onto the pitch. Or he'd pull his marker's hair just as a corner was being taken. 

You'd think someone like Keane would love a player with Walters' mentality in his team, but it appears not. I've not seen any of the interviews so I don't know what's been said, but I believe he refused to play for Keane on one occasion in order to force the move to Stoke. That tends to leave a bad taste I suppose. 

I'm not sure Walters practical jokes were always appreciated by team mates either. There was undoubtedly an 'all in this together' spirit at Stoke in those early Premier League days, but the pig's head incident (which I think was started by Walters) went too far and showed some of the cracks were appearing towards the end of Pulis' time at Stoke.

It's doubtful whether the holiday camp mentality would have been allowed to develop in our relegation season had he and Whelan still been there.

Please leave politics out of it.
Thanks.
(09-10-2019, 10:05 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 08:54 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Walters was an absolute wind-up merchant on the pitch, and he wasn't bothered one jot about reputations. He always seemed to target John Terry and the pair would usually end up squaring up to each other after Walters had done something to provoke Terry. 

Thanks.

Soz!  Angel

Funnily enough, Walters lost a fair few admirers on the Oatcake when he stated his happiness with the Tories being re-elected - I can’t remember if it was the 2017 election or the one before. A while later he backtracked and claimed to have changed his political opinions.
(09-10-2019, 11:29 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 10:05 PM)baggiebloke Wrote:

Thanks.

Soz!  Angel

Funnily enough, Walters lost a fair few admirers on the Oatcake when he stated his happiness with the Tories being re-elected - I can’t remember if it was the 2017 election or the one before. A while later he backtracked and claimed to have changed his political opinions.

Sounds like he was just jumping on the Theresa May bandwagon!
Full time fuckwit of the highest order. But he was right about Ferguson.
(09-10-2019, 07:38 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Keane is a grade A cock, dines out off a half decent playing career and a woeful stint at management

Cuzer

Whatever you think of Keane's abilities as a manager, coach, pundit or human being, we should be able to agree that he had something more than a half decent football career.
(09-10-2019, 07:38 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Keane is a grade A cock, dines out off a half decent playing career and a woeful stint at management

Cuzer

We can agree that he's a cock, but the rest you have said is way off the mark. He was a brilliant player, one of the best of his generation, and he did well initially in management.
He is a horrible bloke though and has even alienated many Man U fans - everything I've read of him shows him to be a truly vile human being.