Ireland
Fuggin carp!

I’d expect us to beat this shower comfortably.

They’ve started playing at last and have equalised.

They’re still shit though.
(09-05-2019, 08:20 PM)Duffers Wrote: Fuggin carp!

I’d expect us to beat this shower comfortably.

They’ve started playing at last and have equalised.

They’re still shit though.

Knee jerk...
Switzerland a decent side.
Ireland have been rubbish for years. Not one of the current lot would have made it in Jack Charlton’s era, if they’d been around.
(09-05-2019, 09:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Ireland have been rubbish for years. Not one of the current lot would have made it in Jack Charlton’s era, if they’d been around.

+1

Team of absolute work horses that have probably overachieved when you compare them to the likes of Scotland.

Know what you’ll get from Ireland, a lot of graft but little or no technique or flair... will probably scrap their way to qualification as per usual.
(09-05-2019, 10:00 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 09:16 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Ireland have been rubbish for years. Not one of the current lot would have made it in Jack Charlton’s era, if they’d been around.

+1

Team of absolute work horses that have probably overachieved when you compare them to the likes of Scotland.

Know what you’ll get from Ireland, a lot of graft but little or no technique or flair... will probably scrap their way to qualification as per usual.

Correct. Swiss v decent btw. Ireland have not had international quality for a good 15 years
Went to this one.  Very workmanlike performance and the team were rewarded with a goal for sticking with it and committing a few men further up the field and getting it in the box more often.  Make no mistake though, the Swiss looked physically and technically stronger for about 80% of the match but their finishing was poor other than the well taken goal.

A certain Luton town manager would have loved this one.  I lost count of the number of times the Swiss were "pissing about at the back", successfully so about 50% of the time.
Dara O'Shea in tonight's starting line up.