Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global Britain
(03-31-2017, 04:59 PM)Mandown_Pilt Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 07:18 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: The same thickos who did not question the EU are now not supposed to question Brexit according to some.

Coming back to the title of this thread. If as many have claimed Brexit was in part an anti-globalistion vote how come we are now going for a Global Britain. India has already said we will need to accept more people to get a deal. One of my biggest gripes with Brexit is that it doesn't tie-up. It seems to be based on no ideology apart from the dislike of things.

As I said soon after the vote I truly hope to be proven wrong and to be able to thank leave voters in the future. In the same spirit if it does all go tits up I hope those who voted to leave will apologise.

And question it all you want. Just don't trot-out the usual lies about £350m on a bus being a promise, that no-one voted to leave the single market, that only 25% of the population voted for Brexit amongst other completely idiotic arguments the likes of Farron and the Greens come out with.

Basically dont quote any uncomfortable truths.......

Agree with MT. It will be years before anyone knows what the best outcome was and even then it will be subjective.
(03-31-2017, 05:40 PM)Strawman Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 05:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 07:18 AM)Zoltanger Wrote: The same thickos who did not question the EU are now not supposed to question Brexit according to some.

Coming back to the title of this thread. If as many have claimed Brexit was in part an anti-globalistion vote how come we are now going for a Global Britain. India has already said we will need to accept more people to get a deal. One of my biggest gripes with Brexit is that it doesn't tie-up. It seems to be based on no ideology apart from the dislike of things.

As I said soon after the vote I truly hope to be proven wrong and to be able to thank leave voters in the future. In the same spirit if it does all go tits up I hope those who voted to leave will apologise.

Just a few posts ago you explained the contradiction of global capitalists and bankers supporting the same EU as people on the Left like you as a 'broad church'.

You could say YOUR side has no ideological underpinnings.

Yet again, spectacular non-self reflection!

Why should we apologise? Will you apologise for the f**k-ups of the EU? Will you apologise to the low-paid for their wages being kept low due to cheaper EU labour?

And question it all you want. Just don't trot-out the usual lies about £350m on a bus being a promise, that no-one voted to leave the single market, that only 25% of the population voted for Brexit amongst other completely idiotic arguments the likes of Farron and the Greens come out with.

Good luck getting those poor down trodden workers back in work after all the foreigners took their jobs'.

Nearly 9 million in part time work - over 40% want more hours. Do you think that some employers may be giving just enough hours to avoid having to pay Employers NI.

They could just use agency workers and get said workers to pay both employees and employers NI contributions . Then charge them a weekly fee via a payroll company to receive the money they've just earned .

Sorted.

If you mean a dislike for autocratic, Politburo type governance then yes my vote was based on a dislike. I know that most 'thinking' people on both sides of the argument had many and varied reasons for their choice and I would like to think most made a considered decision (though looking at society in general and the resulting venom spitting since, I do have my doubts). Perhaps it's me being a student of history but my overarching thought was that, for hundreds of years the common man has striven for democracy and it just seemed, to me, to be totally wrong and disloyal/disrespectful to those who have gone before to allow any gains won in true democracy to be allowed to ebb away. Surely democracy and self determination is an ideology?
(04-01-2017, 10:05 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:

If you mean a dislike for autocratic, Politburo type governance then yes my vote was based on a dislike. I know that most 'thinking' people on both sides of the argument had many and varied reasons for their choice and I would like to think most made a considered decision (though looking at society in general and the resulting venom spitting since, I do have my doubts). Perhaps it's me being a student of history but my overarching thought was that, for hundreds of years the common man has striven for democracy and it just seemed, to me, to be totally wrong and disloyal/disrespectful to those who have gone before to allow any gains won in true democracy to be allowed to ebb away. Surely democracy and self determination is an ideology?

Point taken, nicely argued.
(04-01-2017, 10:58 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:

You can cut that out, being conciliatory, even handed and respectful. Having spent countless hours on this site, it's too confusing for me. I thought vile, invective laden personal and abusive gainsaying was obligatory.   Smile

Thank you. (Obviously I will not be apologising, you will be thanking me!)    Rolleyes
(04-01-2017, 11:58 AM)John Osbourne Wrote:

You can cut that out, being conciliatory, even handed and respectful. Having spent countless hours on this site, it's too confusing for me. I thought vile, invective laden personal and abusive gainsaying was obligatory.   Smile

Thank you. (Obviously I will not be apologising, you will be thanking me!)    Rolleyes

Twas a good post Ozzy.

Group hug. Where do you stand on Scottish self determination?
(04-02-2017, 07:15 AM)Zoltanger Wrote:

Group hug. Where do you stand on Scottish self determination?

They're very determined to just buy drinks for themselves?
(03-31-2017, 05:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Just a few posts ago you explained the contradiction of global capitalists and bankers supporting the same EU as people on the Left like you as a 'broad church'.

You could say YOUR side has no ideological underpinnings.

Yet again, spectacular non-self reflection!

Why should we apologise? Will you apologise for the f**k-ups of the EU? Will you apologise to the low-paid for their wages being kept low due to cheaper EU labour?

Good luck getting those poor down trodden workers back in work after all the foreigners took their jobs'.

A typical left-wing Remainer, has to lie and attribute arguments to me that I haven't made because he hasn't the breadth of understanding to debate what I actually said. I remember you on the free speech debate you were woefully inadequate on that.

I have not once used this argument. You're nothing but a liar. No surprise.