Roy
(08-19-2019, 12:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:31 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: There is no logic been applied here. We didn’t improve RH we simply replaced him with a manager with a CV that wasn’t and isn’t a patch on Hodgson’s. You can’t point to a new season as proof Clarke was a better manager. We had built on the squad from the season before for a start. If we are going down that road which leagues are Clarke and Hodgson currently plying their trade?

Roy is a PL manager but Clarke manages an international side.

Well not a proper one

Proper?

More of a region, really.
(08-19-2019, 12:36 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:35 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:31 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: There is no logic been applied here. We didn’t improve RH we simply replaced him with a manager with a CV that wasn’t and isn’t a patch on Hodgson’s. You can’t point to a new season as proof Clarke was a better manager. We had built on the squad from the season before for a start. If we are going down that road which leagues are Clarke and Hodgson currently plying their trade?

Roy is a PL manager but Clarke manages an international side.

Well not a proper one

Proper?

It’s akin to managing Wales or NI but Scotland aren’t as good. The title of International manager can be make something sound a lot better than reality Wink
(08-19-2019, 12:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The point was made that we could have found a better manager not whether yawn the football was more attractive. No one has given any answer to who we could have got better when he was employed or when he was replaced.

I think you’ve made this argument to suit.  Swag’s point (apologies if not Swag) was that he wasn’t sorry to see him leave.  Not that he shouldn’t have been appointed. 

He was the right appointment, he did a good job, left us as a stable PL club and laid the foundations for Clarke.   Our first genuine PL class manager.  To say there wasn’t grumblings regarding some of the home performances is revisionism itself.

Aside from the 1-5 which I was fortunate to be at  Big Grin My abiding memory of that time was the Jerome Thomas half way line tackle against Man City in the 0-0
(08-19-2019, 01:37 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 12:11 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The point was made that we could have found a better manager not whether yawn the football was more attractive. No one has given any answer to who we could have got better when he was employed or when he was replaced.

I think you’ve made this argument to suit.  Swag’s point (apologies if not Swag) was that he wasn’t sorry to see him leave.  Not that he shouldn’t have been appointed. 

He was the right appointment, he did a good job, left us as a stable PL club and laid the foundations for Clarke.   Our first genuine PL class manager.  To say there wasn’t grumblings regarding some of the home performances is revisionism itself.

Aside from the 1-5 which I was fortunate to be at  Big Grin My abiding memory of that time was the Jerome Thomas half way line tackle against Man City in the 0-0

If his shot that hit the post had gone in late on the roof would have come off The Hawthorns that day!
I know some people felt celebrating a 0-0 was distinctly small time,  but that was one of the most hard fought points ever witnessed.
(08-19-2019, 01:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

If his shot that hit the post had gone in late on the roof would have come off The Hawthorns that day!
I know some people felt celebrating a 0-0 was distinctly small time,  but that was one of the most hard fought points ever witnessed.

Considering we have lost every fugging game to City since (15 straight defeats or thereabouts) - it was with good reason!
This thread makes me pine for the return of Maccad.
(08-19-2019, 02:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: This thread makes me pine for the return of Maccad.

He’s on the twatter.
In the form of his life.
(08-19-2019, 02:09 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 02:04 PM)Duffers Wrote: This thread makes me pine for the return of Maccad.

He’s on the twatter.

I have no time for that...

<Logs on>

Disappointed to see so few Tweets about Roy.
(08-19-2019, 02:12 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 02:09 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

He’s on the twatter.

I have no time for that...

<Logs on>

Disappointed to see so few Tweets.

Edited. Wink

He had verbal (text equivalent) diarrhoea on here, thought he’d be sharing his wisdom on all platforms.

Think I may have closed this Fred by accident!

Re-opened!
In the form of his life.
(08-19-2019, 02:01 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 01:48 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Considering we have lost every fugging game to City since (15 straight defeats or thereabouts) - it was with good reason!

If I'm right in thinking we're referring to the 0-0 vs Citeh on Boxing Day 2011 here, I was there, it bloody felt like a win IMFVHO, thousands of Baggies thought so too at the end!