What’s the hopes and expectations now?
(07-26-2020, 07:01 AM)Cunningham1979 Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:19 PM)wba13 Wrote: Took a couple of days out to digest what happened on Wednesday. I hade faith in them all along didn’t think Brentford would buckle like they did but who cares. As for what’s next well I for do not agree with anyone who wants Johnstone out, that  I agree with the Albion management and squad that he is a bloody good keeper who saved us loads of points throughout the season. We will need a few quality signings especially up front and at left back. I think we have the making of a decent premiership side and with the signing of 3 or 4 would make us competitive. We must not do a Norwich and take the money and run.

I understand the point but I’m not sure taking the money and running is fair on Norwich. They have refused to overspend and have trusted the players that got them up. If they can keep that group together they will be highly likely to bounce back and add a little more quality. The yo yo for a few seasons means that financially the club is not built on sand and more likely to stay for longer each time. 

They, like we, don’t have a wealthy benefactor so it makes sense

Just like we did a decade ago.
(07-26-2020, 07:05 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 08:19 PM)wba13 Wrote: Took a couple of days out to digest what happened on Wednesday. I hade faith in them all along didn’t think Brentford would buckle like they did but who cares. As for what’s next well I for do not agree with anyone who wants Johnstone out, that  I agree with the Albion management and squad that he is a bloody good keeper who saved us loads of points throughout the season. We will need a few quality signings especially up front and at left back. I think we have the making of a decent premiership side and with the signing of 3 or 4 would make us competitive. We must not do a Norwich and take the money and run.

I understand the point but I’m not sure taking the money and running is fair on Norwich. They have refused to overspend and have trusted the players that got them up. If they can keep that group together they will be highly likely to bounce back and add a little more quality. The yo yo for a few seasons means that financially the club is not built on sand and more likely to stay for longer each time. 

Yo yo club... some see it as an insult.
But we mostly know that it's reality. No sugar daddy, so a sensible club stays within its means...
Good luck to Norwich.
(07-26-2020, 07:43 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(07-26-2020, 07:05 AM)Duffers Wrote:

Yo yo club... some see it as an insult.
But we mostly know that it's reality. No sugar daddy, so a sensible club stays within its means...
Good luck to Norwich.

Being a yo-yo club is far more interesting than being a bit-part player in the PL drama with no chance of a starring role.  A season or two in the PL experiencing the glamour, which helps to attract better players, and ensuring the parachute funding which ensures that we can dominate in the Championship. In every 5-year period to have 2 or 3 PL seasons (which by definition means 1 or 2 seasons of survival) and a couple of “top 6” Championship seasons is not unappealing.

I just don’t ever want to see us ever again reverting to Pulis-ball in the PL with 30% possession at home to the likes of Huddersfield with 7 defensive players. We have to “give it a go”.
(08-14-2019, 12:38 PM)Pneumann Wrote: vital we get to 50 points. NO RELEGATUIN, THE BARE MINIMUM
75 points would be overperforming PLAOFFS
90 points would be fab IL CHAMPIONES

reckon we'll be close enough to teh playaoff places for it to be fun, but utlimately not enough: 72 points

I eat humble pie.
For next season, I am hoping for an entertaining 17th, but would be delighted if we did better.
(08-14-2019, 03:42 PM)Pneumann Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 02:41 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 02:26 PM)Pneumann Wrote: Depends where they're earned, and alternatively I could point out the etuivalent of four  points for three competitive fixtures in the last ten days.

No you can’t argue that. We’ve taken four points from two league games, and have been knocked out of a cup. There’s no equivalency, they’re entirely separate competitions.

We are currently on two points per game.

Whisper that Duffy, as you enter the graveyard of ambition.

I did wonder what this meant...