Tyrone Mings
Howe has confirmed he can now leave having completed the signing of Melpham from Brentford.

Following Tosin and Bartley's assured performances against Brighton, I'm not sure he's top priority but he would allow us to revert to a back 3.

Mings, Murphy and Johansen on top of Holgate, and Sako's wages long gone would represent an excellent window!!!
Hefty loan fee
He wants come but only if we play him.
(01-29-2019, 01:30 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Howe has confirmed he can now leave having completed the signing of Melpham from Brentford.

Following Tosin and Bartley's assured performances against Brighton, I'm not sure he's top priority but he would allow us to revert to a back 3.

Mings, Murphy and Johansen on top of Holgate, and Sako's wages long gone would represent an excellent window!!!

It certainly would but can you honestly see it happening?  And more importantly is it necessary? 

Our defence is sturdy, our midfield - particularly with the emergence of Harper and potential renaissance of Field - is more than adequate. 

Goals are going to be the catalyst and they have been drying up a little recently so that is the priority as I see it.  We need to replace Barnes' goals and assists in the squad.  Phillips if fit could provide this but is unreliable. 

Murphy would be ideal, however it's looking unlikely at the moment given Toon's stance.   Let's hope we have someone else lined up.
I don’t think Mings is necessary, plus I’d have concerns over his fitness. He’s had some huge injuries in the last few years.

That money could be better used elsewhere.
I don't see why we need Mings.

Newcastle are a ludicrous club. Just glad there's no recall option for Gayle.

Just stop faffing about and get Romaine Sawyers in.

Meanwhile get Phillips and Harper's contracts done and give Hoolahan an extension.

That will have to do.
(01-29-2019, 01:43 PM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t think Mings is necessary, plus I’d have concerns over his fitness. He’s had some huge injuries in the last few years.

+1

Don't see it as a priority now.

Replacement for Harvey is an absolute must.
(01-29-2019, 01:47 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 01:43 PM)Duffers Wrote: I don’t think Mings is necessary, plus I’d have concerns over his fitness. He’s had some huge injuries in the last few years.

+1

+1

The Brighton game showed, that if you play Bartley & Tosin in their preferred positions they are more than adequate back up for Daws & Hegazi, IMO
(01-29-2019, 01:47 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

+1

Correct
(01-29-2019, 02:05 PM)Sliced Wrote: Would take him if it was a perm but definitely other areas better to focus on at the moment (which I assume is progressing well if we've got rid of Sako and Burke)

Let's hope it's not resting on Newcastle releasing Murphy.