750,000 in Liverpool for the victory parade
Only 750000, Chicken feed, the Dingles took more than that to Chorley.  FFS.
(06-03-2019, 01:43 PM)Squid Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:39 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 01:34 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 11:50 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 11:36 AM)WWHO Wrote: I know i'm going to regret engaging with the village idiot, but hey ho. How does attending a public parade 1/2 mile from my house make me a glory hunter?  You do realise that doesn't make me a Liverpool fan, right?
Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.
Great fun celebrating another team's success, and- obviously- it doesn't make you a fan of theirs.
My step daughter was a Blackburn rovers fan in the 90s and I took her to lots of their games as well as the victory event in the stadium. It was great seeing them beat Man U to the title, and watching one of the best players I've ever seen live in Shearer.
I've enjoyed my home city of Bradford's (relative) success and attend plenty of their games.
I've a soft spot for both clubs. 
But I'm an Albion fan and always will be.
You don't have to hate (or in this case be jealous of) another club to qualify.

I think most celebrated the Blackburn win in 95 as it meant Man U missed out.
I certainly wouldn't celebrate a Liverpool trophy win though. Whatever next... Albuon fans joining the Villa promotion celebration...

That's really not the same thing though, is it?

It's not far off. Liverpool are a detestable football team with equally bad fans.

Yup, every single person i spent the day drinking with, including friends and colleagues, are detestable ...

<lights candle>
Some right miserable bastards on this thread.
(06-03-2019, 02:09 PM)WWHO Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 11:50 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.
Great fun celebrating another team's success, and- obviously- it doesn't make you a fan of theirs.
My step daughter was a Blackburn rovers fan in the 90s and I took her to lots of their games as well as the victory event in the stadium. It was great seeing them beat Man U to the title, and watching one of the best players I've ever seen live in Shearer.
I've enjoyed my home city of Bradford's (relative) success and attend plenty of their games.

I certainly wouldn't celebrate a Liverpool trophy win though. Whatever next... Albuon fans joining the Villa promotion celebration...

It's not far off. Liverpool are a detestable football team with equally bad fans.

Yup, every single person i spent the day drinking with, including friends and colleagues, are detestable ...

<lights candle>

Looks like you're starting to come to your senses!
(06-03-2019, 02:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: Some right miserable bastards on this thread.

It's not necessarily the abject misery, but the parochialism.  Despite wba13's assertions, I'm no Liverpool fan - I actually lean closer to the blue side of the city.

Saying that, if i had to spend an afternoon celebrating another side's success, i'd choose Liverpool over Spurs fans any day of the week.
Généralisation is pretty daft. We all do it.
I "detest" Leeds fans, for some very good reasons.
But I know plenty of decent ones, living nearby.
You can't say all of any group of fans are evil bastards.

Except for Villa obviously.
I don't particularly like Liverpool but they've been fantastic this season so fair play.

Klopp can be a bit of a sour loser at times but as a manager he's brilliant. I'd love someone like that at Albion. Someone with a personality who galvanizes the fans and plays a good style of football.
I think they deserved it just for beating barca in the semis - but I'm no lover of liverpool football club - goes back to the 70's I suppose. As for Liverpool the city I've only ever visited once so hard to say.
I was in Liverpool last weekend. I still prefer Manchester.
(06-03-2019, 11:50 AM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(06-03-2019, 11:36 AM)WWHO Wrote: I know i'm going to regret engaging with the village idiot, but hey ho. How does attending a public parade 1/2 mile from my house make me a glory hunter?  You do realise that doesn't make me a Liverpool fan, right?
Fwiw I'm with you WWHO.

Your missus ran off with a scouser didnt she?